Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First timers to Truman 4/14-17

Post Thanks / Like

Default First timers to Truman 4/14-17

Trip coming up next week to Truman. First time in 25 years we aren't going to Reelfoot or KY Lake, but happy to fish our home state and happy to continue the father/son tradition. My 70 year old dad and I are staying at Reel & Trigger and looking for any advice or suggestions on key areas/coves to try. Certainly not asking for anyone's secret spots (unless you want to, ha), but any advice on areas to go to would be much appreciated. Hoping to get em near the banks, but I know all too well that you can't predict what Mother Nature and our papermouth pals will have planned for us.

I will be happy to share how it goes. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

You will enjoy the reel & trigger resort , nice place. My buddies stay there when they come down. I have camper near there and plan on being there next week and will be happy to share any info I get while I am there. What days are you planning to be there on your trip?

Post Thanks / Like

We are getting down there next Thursday 4/14 midday, back home on Sunday 4/17.
    I will report how we do. Appreciate it!

Long time viewer, but planning on being a more frequent contributor to the forum. Love the info and the comeraderie.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are going to be participating with us , good luck next weekend , from what i am reading you need to look for coves that have a creek in them and spider rig slowly with minnows at various depths until you find correct depth then go get em ! ! Going to be in the bucksaw area next weekend myself so keep us updated on how your doing

keep your lines tight as you never know

Post Thanks / Like

Got out on the water at state park at 1pm. Fished til 6pm in Sterrett Creek area. Found one spot and got into em. Fished a lot of other similar looking areas with nothing. 15 keepers. All males. All in less than 5 feet of water. 59-60 degree water.

Back on the hunt again tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang. Would love to be able to post a few pics from my iPhone. Any advice on how I can do this?

Post Thanks / Like

Was hoping to make it down to check some water out in the area you are staying earlier this week but Uncle SAMs tax man said I better get my stuff together since I owe them this year.
    Sounds like you are doing good and it should get better each day with the weather forecast. Can't wait myselp to get down there tomorrow as soon as I get those forms signed.
    Good luck and keep posting your progress Pics or not!

Post Thanks / Like

Water in Sterrett this morning was in mid 50s. Didn't catch anything. Moved to coves across from State Park and found 6 males. Drove up to Bucksaw after lunch and different story. Low 60s water. Dad and I got 20 dandies up to 13 inches. Some with eggs. All in less than 5 feet. Go get 'em. Water is right.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you found some nice ones!

Post Thanks / Like

Another day, another limit of 10-13 inchers near Bucksaw (Jackson and Cedar). Afternoon bite was noticeably better for us. Battled wind, but we got into a few spots right on the bank that made the day. Back home tomorrow morning. Bags of fillets and a memorable trip with my dad are my takeaways from our first trip down here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast