PDA

View Full Version : Organizing question

westsam
02-03-2007, 01:29 PM
How do you guys rig 8 trolling poles and keep them from getting all tangled up before your get to the place that you are going to troll? In other words I have tried it at home at the unloading dock with nothing but a tangled up mess that takes up valuable fishing time getting them untangled. If there a trick guys or is this something I have to live with?

GRIZZ
02-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Good question. I've never spider rigged and have often wondered the same thing.

Wiskers
02-03-2007, 02:16 PM
I hook my jigs in the little eye above the handle then take the line about mid- way down the pole and rotate the pole about 3 times which wraps the line around the pole for no tangles. ;)

davidcarolina
02-03-2007, 02:24 PM
What Wiskers said about wrapping the line around the eyes and those velcro rod wraps are real handy, use 2 or 3 per bundle of poles.

Litebite
02-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Run to the dollar store and buy some of those little girl hair ties that have the balls and presto no more mess...If your rods are two piece you can't beat the price of hair ties compared to over-priced rod wraps.....And what whiskers said too............:p

Wiskers
02-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Run to the dollar store and buy some of those little girl hair ties that have the balls and presto no more mess...If your rods are two piece you can't beat the price of hair ties compared to over-priced rod wraps.....And what whiskers said too............:p
I use those too! Boy does my wife get Pi$$ed! :D

Speck
02-03-2007, 03:43 PM
I hook my jigs in the little eye above the handle then take the line about mid- way down the pole and rotate the pole about 3 times which wraps the line around the pole for no tangles. ;)
Exactly how I do mine and hardly have any tangles

drill instructor
02-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Im the same, but i never break my rods down. I hang them in the garage.

1weezer
02-03-2007, 04:11 PM
There is a new product out called Stick Jackets. I have been using them since this past fall and not had a pole get tangled up yet. You can wad as many poles together as you want and you will not get any of the poles tangled. Any one interested I can post a picture of them.

frank lawhead
02-03-2007, 04:18 PM
There is a new product out called Stick Jackets. I have been using them since this past fall and not had a pole get tangled up yet. You can wad as many poles together as you want and you will not get any of the poles tangled. Any one interested I can post a picture of them.

Lets see the picture

crappie52
02-03-2007, 09:28 PM
i use those stick jackets that weezer is talking about, i love them, they come in bright colors and i get lots of looks with 10 foot pole colored neon green sticking out of my boat, but no tangles.

Kenlake slab
02-03-2007, 09:51 PM
hey richard, let's see the picture.

1weezer
02-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Check out their web site at www.stickjacket.com
I will take a few pictures of my poles with the stick jackets on them Sunday and post them here.

FalconSmitty
02-04-2007, 01:30 AM
I'd get the dang stick jackets tangle..lol j/k. looks like it would do the trick. I made some holders out of 1 1/2" pvc. I mounted them on flat areas and my console so my rods ride seperated and verticle. I lay my 13' and 12' rods down because they tangle at high speeds because of the flexibility. They tangle at times. I am using some telescopic Slo trollers by B&M now that work great.

slabbandit
02-04-2007, 02:12 AM
I do mine just like Wiskers says. I also took some 1 inch dia. PVC and made holders in my boat down one side to hold each rod upright and a foot apart.
Just wrapping them about 3 wraps will do it though.
When you get where you want to fish just grab your line about your middle eye and twist your pole 3 times opposite of the direction you wrapped it in. Do this before you undo your hook from the keeper.:)