Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ummm.... Mercury, MDC says don't eat fish???

Post Thanks / Like

Default ummm.... Mercury, MDC says don't eat fish???

ok so got a pic of this table from a buddy of mine from a pamphlet he picked up from wally world... it basically says not to eat fish not only in the blackriver/clearwater basin but statewideName:  uploadfromtaptalk1459963990380.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  117.4 KB but if you insist at least keep it at 1 fish a month for walleye bass and crappie due to mercury levels, can anyone tell me what the heck is going on???Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1459963973404.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  28.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

A specific subset of the population (PREGNANT WOMEN AND KIDS)and fish (LARGEMOUTH, SMALLMOUTH BASS, AND WALLEYE).
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

also reads sturgeon, flathead,channel, and blue catfish, and white bass and all us bodies of water, all species and sizes of fish not to eat more than 1 serving a week... what does pregnant women, or childbearing age, or children under 13 have to do with anything? all the family's mothers, kids, pregnant, etc eat fish, sometimes we have 3 or 4 fish frys a week when we are camped on the river bank, so what is the posed threat???

Post Thanks / Like

I figured you knew about that.

I would not let it rock my world. But I wouldn't eat a lot of older fish three or four times a week over there either. I would fish Clearwater for whatever and enjoy myself. I would eat a few of the smaller fish and call it good. That is the southern most edge of the lead belt in Missouri and it's always had some pollution problems,especially in the Flat river. Most people never figured Clearwater would get touched...but then that lead smelter up at Glover was running a long time and stuff gettin in the creek. Some of the Mercury thing is naturally occurring though if you read about it. Heck they been warning about mercury in ocean fish for forty years and people still eating that stuff. I have ate enough fish out of the Mississippi,Ohio,Tennessee, and Cumberland rivers when I was younger to kill me with the cholesterol alone from all the grease I fried it in much less all the hazardous chemicals in those places. Everything at the grocery store ain't safe either they just cover up a lot of that.

Fish Clearwater some...go down to Wappapello more and learn it good. It can be a whale of a fishery just has its ups and downs.Lot of fishing pressure and it also needs some grass in it . Just have to learn where to drive LOL. Army Corp just don't care about fish and your MDC is only spending about 7 percent on fisheries I think I read the other day. These lakes could be managed much better. Plus the economy out there needs the draw of these lakes. But that's how it is .

Post Thanks / Like

amen to all of that! lol... been eating fish of all sizes out of upper and lower black and Clearwater since birth, so has another 150+ ppl I know so I'm not to concerned lol as far as glover doe run plant; big creek in annapolis I was always told to not even eat any fish period out of... just had no idea anything was in crystal clear clean spring fed upper black. heck we soak our watermelons in a spring at Charleton bluff over the 4th to cool em down, and even drink the spring water after boiling of course, and that cold clean water and cold watermelon goes good on a hot gravel bar with good hot fresh fish... God I'll never see 40!!! hahaha