Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one with a camera?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Am I the only one with a camera?

Maybe it is just me, but I sure would like to see more pictures posted here. I begining to think that I am the only one who really catches any fish. Proof is in the puddin. haha
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

here is a pic of me not catching crappie.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

this looks shallow but it is 20' deep. It is where 2 pines blew down kinda stacked on each other.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I have a camera but not a telescopic lense. Sorry.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey cane pole, you wanna see some pics here, ill start showing some. I keep a camera in the boat and as everyone who fishes my boat can attest to, when most the slabs are lifted they gotta pose for old rango. theyve got so used to it, that now they automatically come to a picture perfect pose even before the camera is ready. I see tool has posted a pic of some of the fish we caught the other night, and from the pose them fish went into for the photo, looks like hes gettin good at making em pose
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Got to catchem before you can get them to pose....LOL. I need a new camera with automatic magnifier. Hopefully that will change next week when 'PIPP' & I go fish with Jerry in Arkansas.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I am trying to figure out a way to post video clips on this board. I plan on taking my camcorder fishing with me alot this year. As for regular photos, do you need to use outside photo hosts like www.myfishingpictures.com or can they be hosted by this site's server? I post pictures on a catfish board and they want me to reduce the photo's size for ease of uploading and downloading. They have some free software that reduces a picture's file size but the quality remain good over the internet. I reckon I could post a picture on my avatar like I have on other message boards I post on, I just haven't got around to it yet. My computer has software where I can convert any frame of a video I make into a photo. I like that because I can just pick out a good shot, I don't have to have to have hit the button at just the right time.

Post Thanks / Like

We catch a few here in VA from time to time. Attached is a picture of one I caught last fall. It was released to grow into a wall hanger this year. I hope I will be the one to catch it again.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Here is one of me last summer. I was hesident in posting this picture, I sure don't want to give you fellows the idea that when I am crappie fishing, I am fishing for bait. :D LOL.
    Actually, I have some nice crappie pictures but I will have to look them up on some of my photo CDs.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Redtick:

Just save the photos as JEPS files and save them to your own hard drive. You can then use the manage attachments on a post in here and then browse though your own hard drive and find the picture and select and upload it. If the picture is too large you will get a note telling you that it's too big and what the file size should be.

Now if you have a program that can pick out a single frame from a camcorders movie then mayb that program can optomize the file size when you save it to disk.

I have a copy of Adobe Photos Shops Elementes 2 which is a smaller version of Adobe Photo Shop. The Elements program only cost 100 bucks while the full scale version of Photo Shop sells for over 600 bucks.

I also have a copy of Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8.1 which can save photos in a reduced file size format that can be sent over the web.

If you can't get the photo size small enough see if you can reduce it's picture dimentions. Some programs let you scan and then send a smaller picture to the photo program. If the picture is 4" x 6" try reducing it 75% and then to 60% to see if that will make it small enough in size (memory used in Kilobytes) to let you post it on crappie.com's server

Quote Originally Posted by Redtick
    I am trying to figure out a way to post video clips on this board. I plan on taking my camcorder fishing with me alot this year. As for regular photos, do you need to use outside photo hosts like www.myfishingpictures.com or can they be hosted by this site's server? I post pictures on a catfish board and they want me to reduce the photo's size for ease of uploading and downloading. They have some free software that reduces a picture's file size but the quality remain good over the internet. I reckon I could post a picture on my avatar like I have on other message boards I post on, I just haven't got around to it yet. My computer has software where I can convert any frame of a video I make into a photo. I like that because I can just pick out a good shot, I don't have to have to have hit the button at just the right time.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast