Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Electric Fillet Knifes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electric Fillet Knifes

Searching the site it appears like this has been covered before and the American Angler electric knife is or was the way to go in the past.

Any suggestions / comments from someone that has a current production version of an electric fillet knife - I say that knowing some of the older versions of stuff was bullet proof.....now due to cost they use different parts etc. and they just aren't the same even if it is the same brand.

Reading reviews on the knife it seems at least the newer ones have some issues in the trigger not turning off or on.

Is there a version of the American angler that is better than the other.... I saw one at Wally World the other day for around $80 that would keep me from having to order one online somewhere.

Also if you want to add a suggestion on a regular fillet knife I will look at that as well... but I think I want to look at the electric route.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

About a year ago I bought myself a Mister Twister and have been happy with it's performance. Only time will tell how long it will last, and like most things made today even within the same make and model of an item it is probably just a roll of the dice whether an individual unit will last a long time or dies much too quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of the rapala lithium ion cordless knives recently after recommendation from a guide. Ive cleaned about 70 crappie so far without recharging and still goin strong.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have an American angler electric knife that is a couple yrs old that I haven't had any problems with. The rapala cordless knife does just as good of a job.

Post Thanks / Like

American angler is the only way to fly. Also you can't beat the Rapala regular fillet knife.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lowe175 View Post
    American angler is the only way to fly. Also you can't beat the Rapala regular fillet knife.
    What he said on both. The Rapala fillet knife is nice! Very sharp out of the package!
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Post Thanks / Like

I know it might sound crazy but I've used a lot of the above mentioned knives but the best one I've found is the Black&Decker craving knive at Wally World for $12.88! It has a great blade speed and does an outstanding job. If the blades get dull you can buy another one cheaper then the replacement blades for the fishing knives

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team
    Likes callmecamo, Dollfly LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Mister Twister about a year ago. Its OK on 10" fish but on 11"-12" fish not so much.
    What time is it? IT'S CRAPPIE TIME!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pescador View Post
    I bought the Mister Twister about a year ago. Its OK on 10" fish but on 11"-12" fish not so much.
    Mine came with two sets of blades; one set smaller and one set longer for bigger fish. You may look to see if you can buy the longer blades individually.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk19 View Post
    I know it might sound crazy but I've used a lot of the above mentioned knives but the best one I've found is the Black&Decker craving knive at Wally World for $12.88! It has a great blade speed and does an outstanding job. If the blades get dull you can buy another one cheaper then the replacement blades for the fishing knives
    I was told this recently by a guide when I asked what brand he used. He said use the one you carve the turkey with.
    Likes Blackhawk19 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast