Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone spiderrig from a stick steer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone spiderrig from a stick steer?

On the market for a boat and undecided on what I want. Definitely want the capability to spiderrig.
    It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.
    –Ann Landers

Post Thanks / Like

Sure. You can spider rig from any boat regardless of motor. Trolling motor is more important.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Post Thanks / Like

I'm more concerned about sitting so low in the boat versus being on a deck.
    It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.
    –Ann Landers

Post Thanks / Like

how high or low doesn't matter either, just get rod holders that are the right height to be easy to reach.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I fish from a stick steer. The older Tracker Panfish 17.5. Though I love the stick steer layout for 90% of my fishing I didn't like sitting so low for spider rigging. Also, I don't like my poles sitting so far back from the bow. Spending money buying long rods then placing them so far back so that I could reach them seemed counter productive. Now my 14' rods were like 12'ers. That model boat has a larger bow/deck than most others so I've customized my rig to be able to sit up there for my rigging. I'm going to enlarge the deck a bit this summer when I re carpet the boat.
    Deck Officer/2nd Engineer - M/V Saint Charles.
    2004 Tracker 17.5' Panfish
    Tite-lok rod holders - PST and BGJP rods
    I fish, therefore I am!
    Likes LA CrappieMaster LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fish out of a Wareagle 754VS. I like sitting lower in the boat. Have my rod holders mounted on left and right wher I can just lay my hands on them. I find it more comfortable than sitting up high. Like MidMs said in a stick steer it does set your rods back a little farther. But I have caught plenty of fish with 12 ft poles and now I fish mainly 14's and bought a set of 16's but they are a pain when fishing by yourself. The way my boat is set up I never have to get out of the seat once I launch the trolling motor.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes MidMsAngler, LA CrappieMaster LIKED above post