PDA

View Full Version : Anyone spiderrig from a stick steer?

TigerFanatic1
04-03-2016, 10:19 PM
On the market for a boat and undecided on what I want. Definitely want the capability to spiderrig.

Gabepeeps
04-03-2016, 11:02 PM
Sure. You can spider rig from any boat regardless of motor. Trolling motor is more important.

TigerFanatic1
04-04-2016, 12:56 AM
I'm more concerned about sitting so low in the boat versus being on a deck.

wannabe fisherman
04-04-2016, 04:30 AM
how high or low doesn't matter either, just get rod holders that are the right height to be easy to reach.

MidMsAngler
04-04-2016, 04:49 AM
I fish from a stick steer. The older Tracker Panfish 17.5. Though I love the stick steer layout for 90% of my fishing I didn't like sitting so low for spider rigging. Also, I don't like my poles sitting so far back from the bow. Spending money buying long rods then placing them so far back so that I could reach them seemed counter productive. Now my 14' rods were like 12'ers. That model boat has a larger bow/deck than most others so I've customized my rig to be able to sit up there for my rigging. I'm going to enlarge the deck a bit this summer when I re carpet the boat.

Cray
04-04-2016, 07:55 AM
I fish out of a Wareagle 754VS. I like sitting lower in the boat. Have my rod holders mounted on left and right wher I can just lay my hands on them. I find it more comfortable than sitting up high. Like MidMs said in a stick steer it does set your rods back a little farther. But I have caught plenty of fish with 12 ft poles and now I fish mainly 14's and bought a set of 16's but they are a pain when fishing by yourself. The way my boat is set up I never have to get out of the seat once I launch the trolling motor.