Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: smithville lake 4-2/2016

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb smithville lake 4-2/2016

thought it be a decent day to fish today but got out on both W bridges and hardly anybody. stopped at first bridge and in 10min pulled up a little large mouth bass. assume the bite was going to get good but nope so headed to 2nd bridge. 1 keeper out of 4, those bites were almost all in the same short amount of time then the bite just died off and later then let the 10incher go. tried hotdog, liver and worms but no bites on the catfish. any tips for catfish? kept snagging the bottom, seems like theres a bunch of rocks under smithville. The trees that were on the bank were cut down and tossed into the lake close to shore. might be good for this upcoming spawn but not good to snag on it

hope it gets better. and for guys who followed my last post, I got the slip bobbers all rigged up! wasnt to bad and better than the bobbers with springs. I just cut the yarn from the bobber stopper to short. till next time folks!

Post Thanks / Like

Fish shad in water less than 5ft this time of the year on mud flats. Fresh shad is the key to catching catfish, also move around.
    Likes MustangJimmy816 LIKED above post