Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Threadmaster 1 part?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Threadmaster 1 part?

Anyone have any tips for using the one part thread finish when rod building? The bottle says to go to their site for directions, but nothing of the sort is there. I can probably figure it out, but would rather not waste any in the process.

-Alexander
    My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night. But ah my foes, and oh my friends - it gives a lovely light.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello: I used to build a lot of rods and through my experience the one part finishes are not very good. Good for a little touchup. I would use extremely light thin coats. Do you have a rod dryer ? Otherwise a heavy finish may form drops on your rod. Good Luck O - R

Post Thanks / Like

I do have a rod lathe and from what I have read this stuff is supposed to be pretty good. I was going to go for a few lighter coats anyways, simply because it usually makes for a better finish. I was wondering if bubbles are handled differently, what the pot life is, drying time between coats etc.

-Alexander
    My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night. But ah my foes, and oh my friends - it gives a lovely light.

Post Thanks / Like

Try this link to see if it is what you need

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Vic N! Couldn't find that on their site from my phone. Exactly what I was looking for.

-Alexander
    Likes vic n LIKED above post