Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider rig ideas for Bass Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Question Spider rig ideas for Bass Boat

I just bought an 89 pro craft with a 150 black max. it's an 17 1/2 ft. I want the cheapest simplest solution for a spider rig pref. one I don't have to drill to many holes in my boat for. I'm removing the front old style fish finder mount so I will have pre drilled holes there if nothing else. any ideas? sorry can't get pics to post for some reason from my phone.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a drift master rig and screwed the mounting bracket to the deck. Works fine. Bought an extra bracket and put it in the back for trolling.
    Likes slabdaddy1017 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like the best route. was hoping to find somthing without driving to cabelas/bass pro/ gander mtn. etc. Walmart sells the individual rod holders for spider rigs for 10 bucks a pop but not the stand and rig itself. I may fab somthing of my own and buy the Walmart rod holders... gotta have it ready like yesterday if you know what I mean lol

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have found that most guys end up spending almost as much $$$ and then all their time in trying to make/fabricate a rod holder setup. I have went to individual holders now but I n my opinion $100 for a Hi-Tek rack that holds four rods is pretty hard to beat. No way to break it and it's ready to go with drillig four pilot holes and putting the 4 included screws in to the base. The only thing left when not using it is a 4x6 plate that is about 1/4" thick and it's usually far enough forward it's never in the way. Them boat decks are tough and a few holes in it will not harm anything. I had 4 different sets of holders in my last boat. Could not tell the others had even been there as the carpet can be brushed/fluffed back up and never see the holes.
    Likes birddog one, LSL Angler, Double D, Speck LIKED above post

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new boat!!!
    Likes slabdaddy1017 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I used PVC pipe goes over my pedestal seat. I wish I knew how to post a pic.

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to check out the utube video where a guy uses buckets. It is set up to let you try rigging without all the expense and if you end up wanting to rig your boat gives you time to look up the options.

Post Thanks / Like

I had to lClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1432940906950.jpg 
Views:	2744 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	234202ower the height of it a little but it works.
    Last edited by Dash Rip Rap; 04-01-2016 at 06:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

As you can see I live on the side of a hill.
    Likes Jigging15 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

lol hey that pvc setup doesn't look bad... so here's what I did. I bought 4 of the rod holders like you find on any spider rig setup from BPS or Cabelas, from Walmart at 10 bucks a piece. my deck on front would be slightly uncomfortable for a double seat setup and 2 guys trying to fish so I'm making a setup on front and one on back. each rig will consist of 2 rod holders (that way 3rd rod can be held in hand and used for shooting/dipping) and in center between the 2 rod holders I'm planing to attach a cup holder or two to hold pliars, jigs, sinkers, drink etc. so getting up from the seat to get things will be at a minimal. the bases will consist of a 1/4" L shaped heavy duty shelf bracket with a cross support bar that's like 2 foot tall. on the end of the shelf bracket will be a welded I bolt that screws into the mounting plate that is screwed into the deck. like I said 1 on front 1 on back so 2 ppl can fish comfortably and they are removable and a 3rd rod holder can be added in the future if I feel it is necessary. if I can get the pics to work I will post some soon. yes I know most ppl think all spider rigging should be done from the front of the boat, not saying that front is bad, but take into consideration the back has to present just as good of an opportunity if not better than the person fishing on the front because of 1 simple thing: is a fish more likely to bite a bait swimming past after a boat passes, or is it more likely to strike a jig hovering 5 feet or less from a running trolling motor? not really saying they won't bite front rigs (obviously they do, even in shallow water) but the trolling motor isn't a factor for fish biting the baits from the back of the boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast