Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman--Need a Suggestion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman--Need a Suggestion

Good morning! I am taking my brother down on Friday, and I have not fished Truman since the winter months. Where would be the best place to put in at this time? Also, what stage are the fish in? I figure they are in prespawn, and they might be in 12-16 feet of water in the trees. Any suggestions would be great.

All the best
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie- Fish the creeks in 10 to 15ft of water fishing down about 6 to 8ft using minnows. Spider rigging is working best. Some fish are also being caught dipping trees in the creeks. This is according to Bucksaw Marina as of 3/29/16. Lake is dropping a little and cold fronts have been going through, was there Monday & Tuesday caught a few Monday and nothing Tuesday, talked with another person and they had 10 keepers Tuesday and caught a few shorts also ( Cedar Creek ) I fished above U Bridge. Fishing will probably get better as the weather stabilizes. Fish I caught where full of eggs and started to get bloody. Water temp was 60 Monday evening and 53.6 Tuesday morning, warmed up to 56 by 2 PM. Best I can do.
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

These cold,fronts have kept the lower lake sort of slow.
    most reports are in the creeks from mouth to way back depending on weather. Warmer the water gets farther and shallower.

the upper end above Bucksaw or the shallow water closer to Clinton.

Post Thanks / Like

Try hallfway back to the back of creeks .

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is Richard Bowling report from today's Facebook post.

Truman lake level 705.79
    Water temp 52
    Water clarity great shape
    Discharge 3,500

Crappie are very scattered the shallow crappie have moved out to deeper water. Today we started in 10 ft fishing 8 ft down spider rigging with very few bites. We tried a few spots with some success but scattered. As we headed to our third spot I noticed a lot of fish holding out in deep water so we set our lines down at 18 ft in 28 ft of water and the bite was good. Lots of bites and several big crappie being caught. With the cool weather coming in, this deep pattern will work the best until the water warms up. Good luck and be safe in the wind this weekend. Please like and share. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Where should I put in? I am familiar with Sparrowfoot and Bucksaw the most.

Thank you
    dave

Post Thanks / Like

With winds forecast out of the NW tomorrow 10 to 16 mph , I would put in at Bucksaw if I were going.
    Likes LSL Angler LIKED above post

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Bucksaw would be the best place with winds. I would go up River to Jackson branch or down to Cedar creek. Angel Cove may even be good and it's close to the ramp. First cove down river from bucksaw on the left.
    Likes lip_ripper LIKED above post