Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Warmer water - no pattern discovered / fish scattered under a cloudless sky

Post Thanks / Like

Default Warmer water - no pattern discovered / fish scattered under a cloudless sky

Okay, what happened?!!

four days ago under a semi cloudy sky - good numbers
    water temp 48; air temp 60; 9 or less mph wind from the sw
    yellow perch done with spawn (pretty much)
    45+ fish caught (3 species); 6 nice crappie
    Fish found on a 50 yd line connecting two shoreline markers -anchoring and casting every 30', most caught in 6'
    float bite good

today 54 degree water
    fish scattered - only a few good ones
    mostly small crappie, a few perch and sunnies - two dozen+
    bluebird sky, same wind except from the n.e.
    air a chilly 50 degrees
    only 3 fish on the float and jig

What gives? Transition happening?

Post Thanks / Like

As the old adage goes, "The fish are where you find 'em"! I often find fish scattered hither & yon this time of the year. Just have to keep plugging away I guess.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't have a bad day ever now and then it would get boring. Never mind shrach that I wish I could catch them every time lol.

Post Thanks / Like

fish can be in a negative,neutral or positive feeding mood.Plus they can vary in how tightly they are schooled,and move around around and change locations they have been from a previous day or hour for that matter. And they vary on how long per day they may be in a positive mood. May only bite good for a short while...and you may not be there.

Remember having the same problem with women as a teenage boy. I got married young so never got to keep experimenting to prove out a few theories. Been fishing for fish all my life though and still don't have them figured out either...... completely.
    Likes Dave and Lynn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

...hope the marriage worked. (my first one didn't)

I got out a little late and wasn't able to survey the deepest 1/3 of the lake, it's flats and other structure known to hold fish from April on. Could be they were mulling around in that water blue bird sky or not. Most times if I can find fish in a few areas, I can get them to bit with slow finesse presentations - especially perch - but it's sure nice when crappie are schooled up.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You musta not had any minners.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes theygotaeat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Guess ya did not aggravate em enough maybe ya needed a tube or curl tail or Slider

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Guess ya did not aggravate em enough maybe ya needed a tube or curl tail or Slider
    The lure design I pour and cast is good on any day in any season; there isn't an outing that I don't cast them at least 40 % of the time. The variables that I consider important always involve presentation and location from which patterns are determined. Up until the last trip, catching has been easy since just after Xmas until last week. Spawn rotation of different species and increased weed growth probably has a lot to do with it, not allowing things to quiet down. The other lake I fish, after what I heard yesterday, has turned on big time for crappie. Too bad my boat's going into the shop for a misaligned axle and the docks haven't been put out yet, otherwise I'd have been the first one out there in the beginning of March.

So many waters to fish, so much time on my hands....thank G for low gas prices!!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well spoonie, yo lure didn't do the trick that day did it. Try a minner next time.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I only time I'm tempted to use a live grub is when ice fishing, otherwise live bait is off the table.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast