Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: You never know unless you go

Post Thanks / Like

Default You never know unless you go

Insect hatches like Mayflies. They are hatching or will be in many places about now. When they rise up from the mud bottoms it will create a frenzy. If you can get in the middle of it you can have some wild fishing. And don't think you have to see them rising from the water...many times the fish are intercepting the bulk of them.And don't think you have to "match the hatch". Fish are in there to feed on the small fish that are trying to eat the bugs. So if you swim a jig through there they are just seeing it as an easy meal.

So even though you may not of heard a good report or are not optimistic for whatever reason....just think...you may get in on a hatch...look in the water you can usually see the little carcasses floating around. Usually will see some fish ringing and maybe birds swooping the water....but not always.

And expect to maybe catch about anything. Hard to keep fish away from that. Including crappie.

Go fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

I used to catch bass right at dark on a small lake and this was in early summer as I recall. This was like 40 years ago when I was young. The mayflies would be on the water and fish would be on a certain bank to feed.
    ~~~
    Bill