Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Berkley baits

Post Thanks / Like

Default Berkley baits

I just wondering do any of you use the new berkley stuff like the gulps and worms to tip your baits and if so which ones. I was looking at some grubs they had at the store and did not know if they would be worth while or just stick to the crappie nibbles.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't fishin...but several of my green carp fishin friends swear by gulp and power worms, of course they can't use crappie nibbles on their baits.

Not sure what would be the advantage of doing that over crappie nibbles. Nibbles are the teats!
    'Carpe Diem' does not mean "fish of the day."

Post Thanks / Like

The grubs looked like someone had ripped the tail off and left the body of it. Or a meal worm on roids.
    I like the worms for green carp fishing and the trout stuff when I am in the mountians.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default for sunfish

I can tell you that a crappie nibble on a plain hook will catch sunfish very well.
    I use it that way because my grand daughter has an aversion to worms. I can only assume the Berkley worm will work as well. I plan on trying the gulp grub when the water warms up enough to let the tail wiggle. I don't think they will out preform a tripple ripple tipped with a nibble. But In my opinion if Berkley makes it, it will preform as advertised. Will it out perform other products? That is a different question.

Post Thanks / Like

I do use the GULP grub And it does work not as well as the niblet but it does stay on the hook better, and for perch it works quite well. And I have caught some big crappie on the early spawn with a fine wire hook and a couple grubs below a float and they seem to hit it better then anything else.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D