Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain

Hello: Any reports from Mark Twain ? Good Luck. O - R

Post Thanks / Like

Father in law caught some nice ones 2 weekends ago. My phone won't let me upload pics though. 11 all 11-13 inches. Weather was nice but would say this cold front pushed them back for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there last Tuesday. Water was 48-50, normal murky for Twain. Fished South Fork on Vince at Hobbie Hut's recommendation. Landed two nice ones (14" and 12"), let two good ones (12" each) get off, and caught plenty of 5-7" fish. Spread out in the creek openings. Didn't have much time to explore but definitely caught some. I seem to have a hard time catching many quality fish on this lake any more. Definitely plenty of hungry fish, just lots of smalls. We were rigging minnows. Headed up to fish again this Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

"seem to have a hard time catching many quality fish on this lake any more. Definitely plenty of hungry fish, just lots of smalls"
    I hear that I enjoy fishing the lake and the action but I find it very hard to catch many with any size.

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about heading to twain tomorrow morning. Anyone have any recent luck? Cold front coming in going to not make it worth the drive?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CatProFisher View Post
    Thinking about heading to twain tomorrow morning. Anyone have any recent luck? Cold front coming in going to not make it worth the drive?

Thanks
    Probably depends on how long of a drive you're talking about-can't tell from your location. Sunday is looking good, albeit a touch chilly.

Post Thanks / Like

Only about a two hour drive for me so not super far. Might still give it a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Might want to check the forecast. Last one I saw calls for rain afternoon on Saturday and Sunday morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay. We fish middle fork on Friday. Rigged minnows and jigs in the channel, channel ledge, and flats. 5 fish total between two guys, all 7" or less. Water was still normal murky for Twain, 48-50 degrees, as high as 53 in one shallow spot. SLOW action this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates on the fishing?