Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just when i was really getting the fever,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just when i was really getting the fever,,,,,

they are winding down in our little private lake. the fish have been on fire in there for about 2 weeks er so and they have finally done what they set out to do it seems ......
    we worked pretty hard to ketch a few shredded males that for the most part are losing them colors and 2 thin belly females .one was a white and thats pretty unusual in that lake as there are not many in there for some reason we have yet to totally understand. i suppose it is time to move on to greener pastures ,but it sure was some kinda serious fun in there the last 2 weeks .
    nothing of great importance to say other than the bream are up now in good numbers in there and thats the final piece to the puzzle on many spots i visit . When they show up it signals the crappie are back to being crappie again .....
    we are in hopes the other private lake is about to get busy ....but we dont know that spot well ...
    and we may very well be behind those fish ...i sure hope not though
    hope everyone has a great day .....
    Last edited by Ketchn; 03-21-2016 at 08:04 AM. Reason: cant spell ....LOL
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes S10CHEVY, slackline LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice catch.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch. I have a very busy life and there have been many years I missed the show all together.

Post Thanks / Like

If that's what you call "winding down", you have a fantastic fishery there! Wish it were that good up here, but the the cold has re-arrived. Our water temps are back down into the low 40's with air temps not much higher. Hopefully by next week I'll be able to get out there again. Great job out there!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Our fish had just started and we got a couple of cold days that messed it up.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-23-2016 at 08:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the reads and comments yawl ....and yes this has become a gem for panfish . when we found it 3 years ago it was loaded up with stunted bluegill and black crappie ....the fisheries folks said to put the hammer on em .....we took several thousand out last year .....
    and this year they are really looking good ..
    stay tuned and I will post up some photos later and a story of todays visit ....
    and yes it went quite well in deep water ...
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales