PDA

View Full Version : New KY Lake bridge to open in a couple of weeks

M R Dux
03-17-2016, 12:29 PM
Those of you who fish KY and Barkley lakes are familiar with the old, narrow bridges across both lakes on Hwy 68. The Eggner's Ferry/KY Lake bridge was hit by a huge boat and partially knocked down a few years ago. The new I-69 connector required new bridges being built across both lakes. The construction on the KY Lake bridge has gone amazingly fast. 2 lanes of that 4 lane bridge will be open in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully no more swapping mirrors with on-coming traffic.

Drivers could use new Eggners Ferry bridge in 2 weeks - WPSD Local 6: Your news, weather, and sports authority (http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/story/31489687/drivers-could-use-new-eggners-ferry-bridge-in-2-weeks)

bee
03-17-2016, 04:11 PM
I remember the old 2 lane bridge down at Paris Landing. at was a narrow one. But at least you could look up and down the lake.

smashdn
03-17-2016, 06:40 PM
Both them bridges over the lakes are sketchy. The smithland bridge too.

DBELL
03-17-2016, 10:57 PM
The Smithland bridge is the one that makes me nervous now. The old Ledbetter bridge was the worst though, about a month after they closed it a big section fell.

smashdn
03-18-2016, 09:23 AM
We used to have our family's thanksgiving at the fairgrounds there. Ledbetter bridge may have been the worst but it has been a while since I went over it. I've been over the smithland bridge in the past year.