Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone use the Berkley C-series crappie rods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone use the Berkley C-series crappie rods?

Just curious, I've not done much crappie fishing at all the last couple years due to a mix of work, I'm a part time muskie guide, and also doing a lot of field testing for some of my sponsors on other species but my little 4 yo has got crappie fever. I figured with his new addiction it's time to start going more and I ordered a few of these rods in 12' to use. Out of the box my impressions are really good! Nice handles with a swell at the base, the finish on them looks amazing and seem to have some backbone to them while remaining soft in the tip. I hadn't even heard of them until I was talking to my rep for suggestions and thats what he steered me towards. Put some Abu Cardinal S models on them and hopefully will be getting them wet this weekend on Douglas Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't fished with them but held them in my hand at Academy. I wish they made 16ft. rods. Gonna try out the new All Star crappie rods 16ft.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Post Thanks / Like

I have some 12 footer but have not used enough to give a review. Like yourself my initial thoughts were good.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two 9 footers that I;ve been using to vertical jig with. There very good rods that I like, but there have been a few others (believe it or not, cheap Shakespeare graphite)that I liked better.

Post Thanks / Like

very nicely priced and work quite well
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Specklocker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Got a couple 14's for rigging. Like em so far.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]232774
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

I bought two 14 footers a couple years back. I never had any issues with them. They have a lot of back bone with a sensitive, hi vis tip. Excellent price. If you will be buying more rods of this type, be sure to take a look at the Signature Series Crappie Maxx at BPS. I have 5 and I think they are a little improvement on the Berkleys. Good to hear you taking a child fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I've got a little time on my 12 footers and I'm very pleased with them. They have the attributes to back up the good looks. Tip is soft enough and the rod had a ton of backbone once it loads up. Very light and sensitivity suites me well. I just ordered two more in 14' to try as well.