PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the Berkley C-series crappie rods?

Wood_Duck
03-17-2016, 08:28 AM
Just curious, I've not done much crappie fishing at all the last couple years due to a mix of work, I'm a part time muskie guide, and also doing a lot of field testing for some of my sponsors on other species but my little 4 yo has got crappie fever. I figured with his new addiction it's time to start going more and I ordered a few of these rods in 12' to use. Out of the box my impressions are really good! Nice handles with a swell at the base, the finish on them looks amazing and seem to have some backbone to them while remaining soft in the tip. I hadn't even heard of them until I was talking to my rep for suggestions and thats what he steered me towards. Put some Abu Cardinal S models on them and hopefully will be getting them wet this weekend on Douglas Lake.

Gabepeeps
03-17-2016, 11:57 AM
I haven't fished with them but held them in my hand at Academy. I wish they made 16ft. rods. Gonna try out the new All Star crappie rods 16ft.

ShowmeCrappie
03-17-2016, 12:35 PM
I have some 12 footer but have not used enough to give a review. Like yourself my initial thoughts were good.

shadboy
03-17-2016, 01:42 PM
I have two 9 footers that I;ve been using to vertical jig with. There very good rods that I like, but there have been a few others (believe it or not, cheap Shakespeare graphite)that I liked better.

Ketchn
03-18-2016, 11:48 AM
very nicely priced and work quite well

Bowhunter2
03-18-2016, 07:54 PM
Got a couple 14's for rigging. Like em so far.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]232774

Specklocker
03-20-2016, 10:49 AM
I bought two 14 footers a couple years back. I never had any issues with them. They have a lot of back bone with a sensitive, hi vis tip. Excellent price. If you will be buying more rods of this type, be sure to take a look at the Signature Series Crappie Maxx at BPS. I have 5 and I think they are a little improvement on the Berkleys. Good to hear you taking a child fishing!

Wood_Duck
03-24-2016, 01:04 PM
Well I've got a little time on my 12 footers and I'm very pleased with them. They have the attributes to back up the good looks. Tip is soft enough and the rod had a ton of backbone once it loads up. Very light and sensitivity suites me well. I just ordered two more in 14' to try as well.