Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention All Jig, Lure and Tackle Makers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Attention All Jig, Lure and Tackle Makers

As you probably already know we are having our annual Spring Crappie Camp April 14 - 18 at Kirby Landing Recreation Area on Lake Greeson in SW Central Arkansas. Crappie Camp is an opportunity for Crappie Anglers to see first hand a variety of techniques, electronics, tackle and lures, etc. that other folks use to catch crappie.

We are offering an open invitation for you to showcase your products at Crappie Camp either by bringing them yourself, sending a representative or sending samples of your products. If you like, we will schedule a time for you or your representative to talk about and demonstrate your products.

We are also putting together a prize package to be given away towards the end of Crappie Camp if you would like to contribute. Items donated for the prize package will also be on display for all Crappie Campers to examine before the giveaway.

If you are interested please reply to this thread, email me at [email protected], send me a PM or call me at 501-844-9028.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am interested, but don't see how I can make it so let me think about what I can do to be involved. I need to get my jigs in front of fishermen so I can sell enough to keep doing this. I have even given thought to selling some to a couple of retailers around here, but that is not a money maker at all, just a material user to keep it rotating. Otherwise my wife is going to kill me, LOL!

I have not been doing this long enough to sell as much as I need to, but I know my jigs are as good as any out there. Heck maybe you would even get a look at them.

I will get back with you soon. I am going to Brooke Army Medical Center Friday so it will probably be next week before I can get back with you. Hope that's OK.

Thanks,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Skip:

Thanks for your interest! There's no hurry at all, we have plenty of time. I've been meaning to see if you could make some jigs for me but I know you've been busy lately and under a lot of pressure. We've been using Arky Shinee Hinee jigs here lately with pretty good success and I know you could make them as good or better.

Tell your son when you see him that we're still thinking about him and how appreciative we are of his service and sacrifice for our freedom.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Arky Shinee Hinee jigs

Now there's a name. Do you have a link? I can't find anything on them.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Skip:

Thanks for your interest! There's no hurry at all, we have plenty of time. I've been meaning to see if you could make some jigs for me but I know you've been busy lately and under a lot of pressure. We've been using Arky Shinee Hinee jigs here lately with pretty good success and I know you could make them as good or better.

Tell your son when you see him that we're still thinking about him and how appreciative we are of his service and sacrifice for our freedom.
    I am going again Friday to see him and I will tell him what you said. I know he really appreciates all the support he gets and says the soldiers never get tired of hearing from people that say they appreciate their service.

I was really surprised the other day when the Secretary of the Army came by to see him for a visit. He gave him his purple heart back on Jan. 5th, but when he came back to just visit this week it was something we didn't expect. He and his wife were at BAMC for the dedication of the rehab facility there Monday along with the President and many celebrities. One really cool thing was that the country group Big & Rich (one of my favorite groups) were there also and they came by Randy's room and had a visit with him. He called as soon as they left and told me guess who's autograph I got? He then told me Big & Rich and that he got me an autograph as well. That was special for sure.

One quick kind of funny story....Randy's wife was leaving the hospital with their kids that day and she went to get on an elevator and the guys in black said she couldn't get on that one, but the Secretary of the Army said, she can get on this one and rid with us. So she got to meet his wife and the kids got to meet both them as well. I guess the secret service guys got a little nervous over that one, LOL!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ
    Arky Shinee Hinee jigs

Now there's a name. Do you have a link? I can't find anything on them.

Here you go GIZZ - http://www.arkiejigs.com/Merchant2/m...tegory_Code=PJ - I spelled it wrong.

They are very similar to the Slater's Jigs I've been using for 20-years but they have a little different shaped head, big eyes and red hooks. They only make three colors - just happen to be three of my favorites though.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I also would like to get involved somehow. I would love to make the trip to Arkansas to attend, but if not able, i could tie up some jigs and send them.
    Last edited by slab_slayer1; 02-01-2007 at 12:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry it depends on my scheduale and $. We are updating our web software as I am finishing college. So if the two cooperate I have a chance. I am only 6 hours away, so that isn't a bad drive.

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry;
    This sounds good to us, my wife & I own Cherokee Rod Co. in Eufaula OK. never been to this lake but heard alot about it, we have some new rods for 07, also we are new to the site, look forward to attending.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigsbydirk
    Jerry it depends on my scheduale and $. We are updating our web software as I am finishing college. So if the two cooperate I have a chance. I am only 6 hours away, so that isn't a bad drive.
    Hey Dirk:

Hope you can make it and bring some of your jigs for us to see and try out. We would love to have you or anyone else that is interested demonstrate how you make your jigs. If you can't make it we would love to have a few of your jigs to put on display and add to our Prize Package.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast