Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Who's been on Twain lately?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who's been on Twain lately?

Who has been on Mark Twain lately? Do any good and if so where? Channels, creek mouths, bank et cetera? You don't have to tell me where you honey hole is, just looking for general info. I have time and am going tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure and report back.Headed that way soon but not sure how soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been there yet this year, good Friday is our first voyage every year. Look to the arms on the northern side of the lake, they are usually the first to turn on. I can't imagine them being on the banks unless maybe they are there chasing food. Most folks spider rig the creek channel ledges or tree tops or fish jigs and minnows around the stick ups. Good luck and let us know how you do!

Post Thanks / Like

We put in at South Fork on Vince's at Hobbie Hut recommendation. The first order of business was to show my uncle the ins/outs of modern fish finders. We'd heard guys were catching crappie in the creek mouths so we went up a little bit and made a few passes with our side imaging. After marking a lot of scattered fish, we turned off the big motor and went up to the front of the boat and rigged (3 rods each). Our DI/Sonar confirmed what we saw on the side imaging- fish scattered throughout, but in good quantities. I hooked into a good one and within five minutes had a 14" and 12". We thought it was gonna be a great day, but after that we caught almost all 6" fish. Definitely biting, just didn't have a good quality. We caught 20 or so fish in the 2-2.5 hours we were actually fishing, all rigging minnows. Water was 47-50 degrees, average murky for Twain. Lake is low. We did mark A LOT of fish on the fish finder, much more than we caught. Beautiful day on the water. If you don't mind cleaning little guys, go get 'em, they're biting fine.
    Likes south point LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

jaoeyp,

Thanks so much for the report. Very good information and glad you were able to pull in some crappie even though most were not big slabs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaBoy View Post
    jaoeyp,

Thanks so much for the report. Very good information and glad you were able to pull in some crappie even though most were not big slabs
    Little ones eat good too they're just a lot more work to clean! Twain could probably use some culling I just didn't have the time to clean them.