Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: First Time Out

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Time Out

We hit Hampton Ponds yesterday for a few hours. First trip out with the small boat since last fall. Water temp was only 40 degrees with a 42 degree air temp. Winds were light to moderate, probably in the 5 - 10 mph range, gusting at times.

We fished shallow, mid-depths, deep water (20'+) and various breaks and points. NADA! Could not buy a crappie! Did not mark any fish and/or bait on the sonar either. Very disappointing day to start off the season. We did end up with a small pickeral for each of us (ugh!). We used straight tailed plastics (BGBS) as well as the paddle tails (Slider Grugs) and Roadrunners. Not sure what else we could have tried - besides grenades of course!

Had trouble with the old 9.9 Evinrude as well, which didn't do much to improve our pleasure of the day. But I guess that why they call it fishing!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

My son an and I did some fishing on Sat. on the shore with out our kayaks caught 1 pickerel ,3 crappie and my son caught 2 crappies good start for this year all the fishes were small but fun.