Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Follow up on Smooth Move Seat Suspension.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Follow up on Smooth Move Seat Suspension.

I have been out in my stick steer boat a couple of times now with the new Smooth Move Suspension installed. What can I say....except it tames the rough ride in a front steer boat. While it is expensive it allows me to use my boat in comfort in conditions that would have otherwise kept me on the bank. A 10 MPH wind was breaking my back...literally...until I installed the Smooth Moves. No way was I selling the boat. It was made for an old fat guy who is through fishing on decks and wants to be down in the boat...plus it had to fit in my garage...it does. So I spent the money and it now rides like a Cadillac going down the highway...LOL. It really saves my back. You can see in the video the shock it is taking off my back. For those who have a stick steer boat I am sure you all know how it feels to be in a 10 MPH chop or more going at speed. Well now I can make my runs in comfort...life is good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrDy...ature=youtu.be

Regards
    Likes Ferdi, jigman_09, blueball, "D", livemusic, logsam LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice.Now go get um and post pics.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the follow up, good video. I loved a lot of the characteristics of mine but the punishment finally won out and I went with a bigger fiberglass boat. Maybe now I can look at them in a new light.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

What model Xtreme did you get? And what kind of performance are you seeing? That seat looks like it makes a world oc difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    What model Xtreme did you get? And what kind of performance are you seeing? That seat looks like it makes a world oc difference.
    The seat makes a world of difference. A 10 MPH wind would have kept me off the water....or made it so uncomfortable I would have to creep along at 5-6 MPH. Last fall I had gone out to fish the mooring cells by the lock at Pickwick above the dam. While on my spot the wind kicked up to a constant 10 MPH. Driving back to the ramp directly into the wind and chop was when I knew I had to have some sort of suspension under my seat. I was running at 29 MPH and had I continued I would have broken my back. So I slowed to a crawl to keep from hurting my back. Thank goodness I didn't have to go far to the ramp. I have the Xtreme Classic 1454 SS but instead of it being 14' 2" I had it made to 14' 6". It tops out at about 30 on flat water with just me in it...I weigh 300 pounds. With another 200 pound man in it I can still get 28 MPH out of it. It is basically a one man boat as I fish alone 95 percent of my fishing trips.

Regards
    Likes huntinslabs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great info. Thanks.