Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Nickajack day two.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nickajack day two.

Hit Nickajack this morning. Caught 45 crappie on a Midnight Blue Thunder Hawk Micro Dancer, using a 1/16 ounce Double Cross Jig head using rods strung with SOS 2# test line. There was no wind at all. It was really nice feeling the "thump" when they hit the jig. I was using two rods today. I tried out my new Major Craft FineTail Banshee 6' 7" trout rod today with the same lure and it really shines. It is a trout rod but the action is perfect for crappie. I kept a limit of 15 crappie....but gave them to someone who needed them far worse than me and headed home. I forgot my Hawg trough today but the box I have them on is 11 inches long. My biggest fish I figure was over 13 inches. With the others being 12 inches....or very close. These fish are still out in deep water and as one can see are not in their spawning colors yet. The fish I cleaned two days ago that had eggs were mostly all yellow...a few had some red streaks but not much. Life is Good!

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report and good catch
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report and pics!!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! No boat again? We need a review on the smoothmoves.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Nice! No boat again? We need a review on the smoothmoves.

Yeah....I need to do a report as I took it out about 9 days ago. The short of it now is it is best money I have spent on the boat. It tames any rough ride one could have in a stick steer. I am wanting to try and get a video of me riding in a good chop so folks can see how it absorbs the shock. As for fishing from the bank at Nickajack. It is a unique place during spring bite for crappie. The black crappie in there.....and the whites as well....really relate to the rock along the banks. Was talking to one of my fishing buddies down there today about same thing. He commented how it was just easier to catch them without a boat.....although a lot put boats in there....and so will I come April to hunt for those huge white crappie in there.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking fish as usual are you carrying everything in that wild river backpack when your beating the banks?