Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: iBobber

Post Thanks / Like

Default iBobber

Has anyone tried the iBobber with smart phone? This seems to be the newest idea to replace the smartcast from Humminbird

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess I've heard it all now, no sir haven't tried the IBobber.. guess they trying to keep the youngins interested in fishing. Before long there will just be an app for fishing I reckon... Lol. I will keep on doing the old fashioned way.. I done spent $700 on a fancy hummingbird thermometer (aka fishfinder) that's as far as I'm going :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I just researched it and that's the castable sonar bobber deal. Lol.. I was thinking it was some type of cork monitor or something. My buddy says a guy come around throwing one out by him.. he said no fish here, it's a certain depth there. My friend just scratched his head and kept on fishing. I could see the benefit as a depth finder. It gets good reviews, may be good to have in the arsenal when bank fishing..

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a short article in the KY Game & Fish Magazine. It mentions the HawkEye, iBobber, and Fish Hunter brands. It also mentions that the iBobber is using the latest Blue Tooth 4.0 technology, and states that it has an ultra-low peak and idle mode that conserves energy. Because of that technology, the iBobber doesn't need charging until after ~20hrs of use ... whereas other similar products that use version 2.0 or Wi-Fi, have run times closer to 2-4hrs. (per John Geiger/Senior Editor)

According to this : iBobber Bluetooth Smart Castable Fishfinder | ReelSonar ... not all cell phones & Blue Tooth versions will work with this device.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Really... wow save your money

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks CrappiePappy for your input. I'm going to get one as soon as my last Smartcast sonar unit dies. These really work in locating fish, depth etc if that matters to anyone