Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What made a dramatic improvement for you catching them?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What made a dramatic improvement for you catching them?

I am again thinking I don't care for early spring fishing, lol. Both this year and last year, it has been tough to catch them. Actually, all year last year and the year before was not that great. Decades ago (I took a long hiatus), I used to catch good quantities of fish. I like to eat them sometimes, yes, but I just like to catch quantity of decent size fish. If you discovered anything that has really improved your catching, what was it? A certain lure, rig, lake, technique or just what? TIA!
    ~~~
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Simple as it sounds, I don't think anyone can argue. Time on the water is #1.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    Simple as it sounds, I don't think anyone can argue. Time on the water is #1.
    Yep. Knowing where they are "supposed" to be based on time of year, water temps, etc., is a good start. Exploring and experimenting and have fun. The chase is almost as fun as the catch! Almost!
    Likes whackmaster LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to a Terrova (remote control) trolling motor and high end electronics. I troll 90+% of the time.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Most definitely the topographic map with gps on my sonar unit.This one thing has increased my success on all the species i pursue.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I can most definitely say it has been because of this web site Crappie.com. I have read and asked all kinds of questions that would have took me years to have learned on my own. And I also want to say thank you to Slab for this site and the moderators for keeping it family friendly without arguments. Another thank you to all the good people on this site that answer my questions and help others here on this site. Crappie.com is #1
    Last edited by scrat; 03-11-2016 at 01:07 PM. Reason: spelling
    Be safe and good luck fishing

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading about their habits and spending time on the water trying what i read.
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I love the chase and trying to figure out the hard bite. Slowing down and good electronics have helped me most. Most of my info comes from crappie.com!! Gotta love it.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

For me .... it's been the addition of rod holders & 14' rods to my normal arsenal of jig casting equipment. It's added a whole new dimension of possible ways to fish.

... cp
    Likes Tony the Tiger, RWiske LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Watching reading and learning. Never count out anything with a crappie! You may catch them in 10 foot of water one day and in 2 foot of water the next. Learn your prey. Find there food and you will find them.
    Likes Dollfly LIKED above post

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast