Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Evinrude Trolling Motor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Evinrude Trolling Motor

I've got an older model Evinrude foot Controlled trolling motor on my boat. It works fine, but when I shut it down it vibrates back in forth causing a good deal of noise. Anyone else know what I'm talking about. I've really not had a chance to inspect it on the water to see exactly what's happening. Any suggestions on how to fix it. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Check & make sure your mounting bolts are tight. :D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Yep,Is it tight?? :D ,Also I've seen alot of them jump & raise all kinds of fuss when they was out of the water. If it's an old motor it could be the pins where it hinges at are worn, But I'd bet it's not as bad in the water.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a old evinrude tm need a set of cable for it . will buy cables if i can find them ot sell the motor .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papasage
    i have a old evinrude tm need a set of cable for it . will buy cables if i can find them ot sell the motor .
    Give this guy a call, he had the parts for mine, in Jackson MS. Sure going to hate it when mine bites the dust for good, love it, best I ever had.

Propeller Service
    Art Payne
    291 Hwy 51
    Ridgeland MS 39157
    601 856-3191
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Brad there is a set of bearings on both sides of the mount. There is a tighting ring on the lower side, it has an allen screw in it, loosen it and move the ring up nto tighten the bearings. This should take care of your problem if not you may need new bearings. Terry
    Terry Whaley
    www. weisslakeguide.com
    EGO NETS SOUTHERN PRO

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info will see what i can do . i realy don`t need it . if it git the cables i will probabley sell it . i have a mercuray i like . it has 2 cables that steer the motor . it is a lot smoother . haven`t used it in a while . i bought the eletric stering for the bass boat . i like the hand held for the pontoon . panning on gitting some of the old Tm out and see if i can sell them . some work and some are good parts motors .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info guys, I'll look it over and see if I can get if fixed. Be a good time for maintenance with the cold weather that's set in.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Papasage, I have two of those trolling motors but the arms are broke one was broke on a pier and i broke the other trying to get the piviot pin out but both worked great as far as the cables.If your selling I'll buy the motor or if not you can have what i have maybe it will get you going and I'll buy another