Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Facebook questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Facebook questions

How many are on it?

I deleted my Facebook account today.

I witnessed a good employee fired today for a post on Facebook from his own personal phone and on his personal time.

He was a hourly employee not in management.

He is a Afghan vet.
    3 small kids.
    Single parent.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the problem was more the company's reaction than any fault of Facebook. I know a lot of companies today when interviewing prospective employees ask if they are on Facebook and look to see what kind of post they make, and some have not been hired because of what they posted.
    Seems harsh treatment for a single dad and a vet.(My son is also a single Dad and a vet of the Gulf War) If they had a problem with his post seems a warning would have been more appropriate. Sorry for you friends hard luck.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for this guy's trouble, and I truly hope he can find a new job and get back on his feet soon. Companies are now monitoring the social sites and will fire anyone for derogatory remarks posted online. I don't know if it's legal or not. We warn our kids to be careful what they put on these sites.....we need to take our own advice.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on Facebook, but do not "friend" any of my current coworkers. I don't trust many people to that extent and there are some political left nut-jobs who work where I work. I once corrected some misinformation someone said about the company I worked for, and I was told to take it down by my boss, even though it was an outright falsehood what the guy said.

That is too bad what happened to your coworker. The powers that be should never be assumed to be courageous and fair. I've seen some very radical leftists make it high up the corporate ladder and they do wield their power ruthlessly.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's leave the "politics" out of the discussion, please. I do not wish to have to move this thread to one of our "off topic" forums, but it will happen if politics overshadows the intent of the original post.

... cp
    Likes 62snipey62, riverbud55 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, I have lived on the negative side of social media for the past five years that I've been investigating cyber crimes. As a result, I personally do not have any of those accounts. I've also witnessed co-workers over the years get fired just as originally posted. Professionally, I have a hard time supporting many of these companies, considering what I have witnessed behind the scenes.

The Internet is our modern day Wild West.
    A man remembered never dies.
    Likes riverbud55 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on what he wrote - If what he wrote on his own time and own phone, didn't say anything about the company he worked for and he lost his job because they looked at his page?? If everything above is true I'd sue them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Depends on what he wrote - If what he wrote on his own time and own phone, didn't say anything about the company he worked for and he lost his job because they looked at his page?? If everything above is true I'd sue them.
    Correct

It was his phone
    Never said anything about the Corp
    It was a meme about black lives matter and one a out Muslim terriost.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

well as one famous person said " At this time ,what difference does it make ?". Hope your friend lands another job soon .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eagle 1 View Post
    well as one famous person said " At this time ,what difference does it make ?". Hope your friend lands another job soon .
    Already has

But I think the IBEW will get his job back

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast