Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: As requested by our NC folks

Post Thanks / Like

Default As requested by our NC folks

As requested by our NC folks, and in particular, ncnat. Thanks for letting me know about this oversight. We can't forget about out Striper fishermen.

Here in Illinois we used to catch 5 gal buckets of yellow bass, close relative to stripers. We used to catch them through the ice. Seems the yello bass population has gone into a downturn lately, but they are cyclical and will certainly return in droves. Used to catch them under the ice in 35 feet of water using "Wigglers" on Swedish Pimples. We'd catch them as fast as we could get the line down those 35 feet. The meat was very firm, very white, and very very good. You'd be suprised. Actually very Crappie like taste. Not as soft as Bluegill. Perhaps even more Perch like than Crappie. Great eating, really. I know down there in Kentucky you all don't care too much for the yellow bass. But when you catch so many large yellow bass through ice, in ice cold water, down deep, there's not much better. Cept maybe fishing with Jerry Blake!
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this board Ed! I am so close to the Atlantic that I have to lay down the crappie rods and go catch a 30 to 40 pound striper every once in a while. It's a job but someone has to do it! CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

No problem about the board. Always willing to help.

Do'h, 30-40 lb Striper, got to love that!
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best