Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have any experience with Frabill rain suits?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone have any experience with Frabill rain suits?

My wife and I are looking at getting some rain suits for the coming season. I have checked the search feature and really didn’t see anything recent on the subject.

I know a lot of you like the BPS 100 mph and pro qualifier jackets and bibs. We actually looked at them and like them except the cost was hard to swallow for two sets. Especially since the wife and I are really fair weather fisher people. We have an aluminum boat, so we don’t stay out in rain, but wind is a different matter.

I saw Frabill has some decent looking rain gear that claims to be water and wind proof. Also the costs of two sets (jacket and bibs) are pretty reasonable. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with the Frabill rain suits?

Post Thanks / Like

Check out H2O suits from Academy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie View Post
    Check out H2O suits from Academy
    I looked into them originally. on their website under Q&A they admit that they are water resistant and not water proof. That put a damper on their functionality for the purpose intended.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Start searching on ebay, hard to find sometimes but the good suits can be found pretty cheap. I just bought a Cabelas guide wear jacket like brand new for 80.00. And especially in the smaller sizes you can find some complete suits in cabelas and bass pro pretty cheap. I tried on a H2O suit and the cheaper Frabill and neither one fit comfortable to me.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a set (waist pants/jacket) of Frogg Toggs at Wal-Mart for about $20. They even came with a draw string type carry bag. They are waterproof & windproof, and breathable.

You just want to get them a size bigger than you think you'd wear, especially if you're going to be wearing them over more than one layer of clothes. (I'm 6'1" & 210lbs and a XL fits me fine)

I'm like you, I don't much care for fishing in the rain (& especially a storm). I have a very old set of Frogg Togg Pro Action pants/jacket ... and their main use has been to put them on over a jacket, hoodie, or even my snowmobile suit for running WOT during very cool/cold weather. They block the wind, even better than several layers of clothes OR the snowmobile suit alone.

If you're that "fair weather" and just want something for the occasional unpredictable shower or to block the cool wind while running the lake .... they may be something to consider.

... cp
    Likes dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am with Crappie Pappy on the frog togs. I keep 3 sets in my boat and they take up very little space. I also keep one jacket in my garage to throw on when I need it. I have used them for wind breakers as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    I got a set (waist pants/jacket) of Frogg Toggs at Wal-Mart for about $20. They even came with a draw string type carry bag. They are waterproof & windproof, and breathable.

If you're that "fair weather" and just want something for the occasional unpredictable shower or to block the cool wind while running the lake .... they may be something to consider.

... cp
    Quote Originally Posted by dfar View Post
    I am with Crappie Pappy on the frog togs. I keep 3 sets in my boat and they take up very little space. I also keep one jacket in my garage to throw on when I need it. I have used them for wind breakers as well.
    I have honestly never considered Frogg Toggs. I bought a generic set of them from sams club years ago and got soaked in a down pour watching a high school soccer game on their first use. I also read good reviews of them all the time, I may have to give the brand named ones a look.
    Thanks for the input.

Post Thanks / Like

The only time I got wet in one of the jackets that I had worn many times and should have been replaced but I was getting all the wear I could . It was getting to the point I could start seeing light spots when looking at it from the inside toward the sun.

You can get rain suits at lowes or home depot that are waterproof and durable. I have a couple of sets I used at work but they are hot to wear and sometimes I sweat so bad I think I was wetter inside than out. That is why I like the Frog toggs they are a lot cooler.
    Last edited by dfar; 03-07-2016 at 09:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a pair of Under Armour Lightweight Fishing Pants and Jacket....they are Waterproof and Windproof! They fold up small enough to put in a small tackle bag.
    And they are VERY comfortable, and do not feel like a piece of cardboard!

Bought both for 100 bucks on EBay...50% off!
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

We use the h2o's from academy
    Been in some nasty weather and didn't get wet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast