Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern Crappie Rods new SCR143T ---trail by fire

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Southern Crappie Rods new SCR143T ---trail by fire

I got in some of Ed's new trolling weight rods, SCR143Ts, this week. Today was the 1st time I have had a chance to try them out. Quackrstackr and I went out on KY Lake this morning to do some spider rigging, not my specialty by far. We caught a few fish but spent a good amount of time hung up in structure, giving the rods a true trial by fire. A couple of times we let the rod tip get almost under the boat before pulling it loose. They performed as good or better than I expected. They are very close to the regular SCR143s in feel but the action is somewhat heavier. Tim and I were both really pleased with them. Tim said his only complaint was they belonged to me instead of him.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes Clint, Billbob, Lonnie84, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good review,the regular southern crappie rods have been bent all up under my boat hung in brush,tough pole foresure

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review, gonna order me a set after spring is over, it'll be pushin time then!!!!!
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Are they newer version of His 14ft poles?

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on the fence about gettting some of the heavier ones, I just bought some of the regular 14 ft rods and love them so far. How much weight were you using? I typically run just under 1 ounce of weight on the regular ones.
    Woo Pig

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom 513 View Post
    Are they newer version of His 14ft poles?
    Yea, it has a little longer handle and a little heavier action rated for 2 ounces.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzrbakhunter View Post
    I've been on the fence about gettting some of the heavier ones, I just bought some of the regular 14 ft rods and love them so far. How much weight were you using? I typically run just under 1 ounce of weight on the regular ones.
    I was running a 5/8 oz weight above a 1/8 oz jig head. I was using a regular Southern Crappie 12 footer next to the 14s. There was about twice the bend in the 12 footer as the 14s. I didn't run any heavier weight on the 14 footers but it sure seemed like they are set up for more weight than the regular Southern Crappies but still very sensitive to light bites.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    I was running a 5/8 oz weight above a 1/8 oz jig head. I was using a regular Southern Crappie 12 footer next to the 14s. There was about twice the bend in the 12 footer as the 14s. I didn't run any heavier weight on the 14 footers but it sure seemed like they are set up for more weight than the regular Southern Crappies but still very sensitive to light bites.
    Thanks mrdux, I may order a couple to try!
    Woo Pig

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review, it will be interesting to read more reviews as these get more into circulation.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

good report
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast