Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The private ponds and the weekend .....

Post Thanks / Like

Default The private ponds and the weekend .....

i took a bud out to a private pond we like to visit Saturday . We were on the larger of the 2 that are close together . That pond carries a healthy mix of fish . The second pond is predominantly black crappie for some unknown reason .
    Both trips went well for eater size fish . The early am trip with my long time friend was just about fillets for the freezer . The second trip was 2 buds that showed up later in the day at the other pond .
    the fish were somewhat scattered out at several depths and the bite was pretty good . We used ALOT of different baits and presentations from floats tp pitching to vertical jigging .
    Sure was beautiful bountiful day , at one point we rolled up to a deep brush pile and it was flat loaded with fish . At first glance one would say hello there look at all the crappie . The fish down there were though were mostly 1 pound black bass with just a few crappie .
    hope you enjoy the photos and have a great day
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Nutbush, S10CHEVY, slackline LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

nice report and pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Great job out there! I love those hair jigs. We've still got some skim ice on most of the water up here. Should be gone by this coming week.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    i took a bud out to a private pond we like to visit Saturday . We were on the larger of the 2 that are close together . That pond carries a healthy mix of fish . The second pond is predominantly black crappie for some unknown reason .
    Both trips went well for eater size fish . The early am trip with my long time friend was just about fillets for the freezer . The second trip was 2 buds that showed up later in the day at the other pond .
    the fish were somewhat scattered out at several depths and the bite was pretty good . We used ALOT of different baits and presentations from floats tp pitching to vertical jigging .
    Sure was beautiful bountiful day , at one point we rolled up to a deep brush pile and it was flat loaded with fish . At first glance one would say hello there look at all the crappie . The fish down there were though were mostly 1 pound black bass with just a few crappie .
    hope you enjoy the photos and have a great day
    me and my son fish a few small lakes. one we always catch few very nice fish but that's it. we never catch more than one or two in the same place and only 5 or 6 for the day on a good day

any advice as to why other than I just don't know what I'm doing?????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1kevin662 View Post
    me and my son fish a few small lakes. one we always catch few very nice fish but that's it. we never catch more than one or two in the same place and only 5 or 6 for the day on a good day

still sounds successful........

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice crappie. Great report and pictures.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1kevin662 View Post

I know some of the smaller spots I go I used to think well someone done cleaned it out cant hardly ketch any this time ...darnit ...
    next trip its like there are more fish than water ....sometimes its the luck of the draw and you just find em biting ....
    we don't always hammer em in those lakes but we know those water bodies pretty well so our rates of ketchn fish tend to be pretty good ....
    remember this part as it helps to keep you focused .....
    its a small lake and they cant escape ....they are in there somewhere
    I love fish in a barrel ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales