Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie University

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie University

What ever happened to that show? About the time I caught on to it, it stopped showing on the outdoor channel. We really need a crappie show to go national. Someone who can travel around the country and catch crappie in different regions and show how others catch crappie. There are sure plenty of bass shows and now plenty of shows on fishing for all the species of fish in Alaska and Canada. Whats wrong with a national crappie show. Why has'nt Crappie USA come out with a show on the tournament trail? I used to watch BASS when it was on TNN when I use to bass fish and learned a lot about it. I could recognize 30 national bass anglers if I heard their name or saw them. I only know of a handfull of Big crappie anglers. Most are guides that have become famous regionally. Someone needs to break through the door. How is it that america's most sought after fish does'nt have a nationally televised fishing show? I scan In-Fisherman TV and if they don't have a segment on Crappie or some other kind of Panfish then I turn it off. If you ask me fishing shows in Alaska or in Canada for that matter are nothing but show off shows because they are going to places that I will never be able to afford to go and fish. I don't watch them because I know I will never be able to do that. If you live up in those areas then great but where I live in Eastern N.C. and only 60 miles as the crow flies from the big pond, it is quite a bit more than a hop and a skip. We need someone that will fish where we fish. Someone national would hit a lake or river close to you at some point more than likely. He or she could hire guides in different areas to show different methods like Richard Williams or Jim Duckworth or Sam Heaton or Steve McAdams or Harold Morgan. Or share a boat with tournament anglers like Ronnie Capps and Steve Coleman or Whitey Outlaw or Wally Marshall. I know that it would be hard work to do something like this and the business might not be looking for a big time crappie show but I am and I bet I'm not the only one. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I am and feel the exact same way.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm with you

That would be cool
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Have to agree I could care less about most of the fishing show now on TV other than some noise to maybe keep me awake ( rarely happens). What Russ is doing on the 'Sportsman Channel' is a start, but most of us it seems our cable/satelitte providers do not want to carry the sportsman's channel. We have to watch it on -line which at times even with hi-speed internet is jerky. In the past I have also been a bass fisherman and fish tournaments, but the tournaments for me have priced themselves out of the reach of the average fisherman. Maybe "Crappie World" magazine could get something started if "Crappie USA", "C.A.S.T" or "Crappie Unlimited" can not or will not.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

From what I understand, the key to getting shows place on any large network is the advertising. I reckon some folks need to organize enough to catch the eye of some folks that could afford to sponsor a crappie show.
    I do some posting on a video web site called www.huntingfootage.com. Folks can post videos of their hunting videos. There is some work being done so that some of these videos can be put on a show that would go on The Outdoor Network. Maybe we need a place like huntingfootage.com except have it for fishing videos. That way all of the folks who wanted to make videos of their crappie and other fishing adventures could post video clips of their fishing. Obviously, alot of hunters are video taping, check out their site. My username on that site is Redtick, check out my videos.

Post Thanks / Like

I could make one so you all would know how not to do it - go ahead piginthepen tell us all - now that is a funny one ck
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be more than happy to quit my job and start a saturday morning crappie fishing show if anybody wants to pick up the tab. Ha Ha Ha

Just get him on, then we'll worry about getting him in!

Post Thanks / Like

you'll need a partner there CrappieKrazy. I'm available.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

I will film, but i need someone to fly me over.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D