Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are big bite grubs any good?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are big bite grubs any good?

Picked up this 100 pk of big bite grubs from academy for $.48 (I mostly fish clear water so never have used orange/chartreuse). But for the price I couldn't pass it up (only color they had in 100 pk on clearance.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  31.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  34.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Yep! I have a sneaky suspicion they are made by Southern Pro for them. Same colors and identical bodies.

Post Thanks / Like

They are very good, but not made by Southern Pro. Much better color in Big Bites. Orange Chartruese can be a great color.

Post Thanks / Like

Great deal ya got there! I'd have pulled the trigger on that myself. I've used several Big Bite plastics for bass. Worked very well for me. Never used the stuff they offer for crappie though.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Big bite baits are very good. Use a few of their colors instead of Southern Pro. I think their Popsicle is a lil brighter and their chartreuse tails are brighter for some reason. Picked up the same deal from my Academy.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Post Thanks / Like

I have used these baits and have no problem catching fish on them my tackle box has a variety of similar baits from different makers and a lot of them were bought on deal. I have a hard time passing up a mark down on lures I think will work.

Post Thanks / Like

I like big bites tubes and grubs, but they are real soft. I use them when its a tough bite, but not when they are really hitting or you will go through a 100 pack in 150 fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 3" Big Bite grubs a lot in the spring and fall. As mentioned above, they are fairly soft, but this gives them a better action when slow rolling or dragging. I by mine in bulk online.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Bite is owned by D and J plastics! D and J Plastics runs grubs for Slider, Southern Pro, Mr. Crappie, and others. Their quality is questionable!

Monk

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

48 cents down the drain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast