Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How's the bite on Truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default How's the bite on Truman

Plan on taking the boy out this weekend to spend some much needed guy time together. Has anyone had any luck? I don't know this lake very well, usually put in at Bucksaw or Sterret creek by the dam.
    Suggestions are welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Tebo and Grand both are on right now. Rigging in the creeks. Hunt around for what they want and stick with that pattern.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.
    Likes jmpilla, long poler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ill give it a shot. Any areas more specific...range of mile markers maybe? I don't want your secrets, just a good place to start.
    We will be rigging with minnows for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Put in at Bucksaw and go down or go up! When you find a creek so full of boats that you don't think you can get your boat in there you are in a good creek! (and yes they will all look like that tomorrow) Big Tebo same pattern!
    Likes long poler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkey Log View Post
    Put in at Bucksaw and go down or go up! When you find a creek so full of boats that you don't think you can get your boat in there you are in a good creek! (and yes they will all look like that tomorrow) Big Tebo same pattern!
    I wouldn't do that as that's very disrespectful to those who got there first. Please don't drive around looking for boats to find fish. I've had guys who'll drive around then stop with binoculars and see me catch a few fish (I'm trolling with several rods), then drive right up in front of me and cut me off then drop their rods into the water and start trolling in front of me in the direction I'm going. Please do NOT be THAT guy!

The pattern right now is fishing channel ledges. The deeper creeks normally fish better for me, others like the shallower creeks. To each his own.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cy912 View Post
    I wouldn't do that as that's very disrespectful to those who got there first. Please don't drive around looking for boats to find fish. I've had guys who'll drive around then stop with binoculars and see me catch a few fish (I'm trolling with several rods), then drive right up in front of me and cut me off then drop their rods into the water and start trolling in front of me in the direction I'm going. Please do NOT be THAT guy!

The pattern right now is fishing channel ledges. The deeper creeks normally fish better for me, others like the shallower creeks. To each his own.
    You don't have to worry bout me! I'm a slob Hunter!Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457236286.516730.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  49.4 KB

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think mark was explaining how to choose a creek. He was not telling them anything about proper fishing etiquette or how to cut someone off. If you can't go behind someone this time of year and not catch fish your not doing something right. Most places with creeks that are busy have had many many boats following the same path for weeks and they are still catching fish. Plenty of fish and plenty of water I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    I think mark was explaining how to choose a creek. He was not telling them anything about proper fishing etiquette or how to cut someone off. If you can't go behind someone this time of year and not catch fish your not doing something right. Most places with creeks that are busy have had many many boats following the same path for weeks and they are still catching fish. Plenty of fish and plenty of water I guess.
    You're right plenty of fish & plenty of water. There's no need to drive around looking for boats just to follow. Which leads to my next point. Most times a boat rigging will follow a certain path and troll over the same spots several times. It's not nice seeing him catch fish them drop your rods right behind him and follow. Just because you see a bunch of boats doing the same thing don't automatically assume you can join them. They all might know each other & maybe have a system going. Plenty of water out there. Find the pattern and you'll find the fish.