Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you think?

I'm fairly new to crappie fishing and brand new to this website. That being said, here's the question. I fished a spot with a friend about this time last year that produced very large numbers of crappie. This year he hasn't caught any in that spot. Do yall think they are around close somewhere or just gone completely? Im pretty sure he hasn't switched up on his colors either, maybe that would help? The spot is a slew surrounded by boathouses.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site! There are a TON of variables to your question. Water temp, and availability of food are two important factors. If there is a channel leading into the slough, or some type of cover around those boathouses, you may find them there. Trying different colors, or even live bait might help, but it sounds like that particular spot just hasn't filled up with fish yet. Just finding them there one time isn't enough to call it a "honey hole"

Post Thanks / Like

I keep all my honey holes marked. Sooner or later the crappie return! Water conditions, food and weather all play a role.
    Likes Crappie62, chaunc LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Slow troll around the area there. You may find where they moved too. May be 15 yards or 100. Keep moving til you find them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips. Sounds like y'all are fairly certain the fish are there somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum . I would tend to think if there were numbers of them before at this time of year in a fairly shallow spot they will most likely be in there close by again at the same time of year give or take a few weeks of course . like stated before variables are numerous , and any number of things could drive them to do things slightly different later or sooner .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

They will be there.....sooner or later! Just keep an eye on it. I have been keeping records of what i caught,when,where,conditions and will say......their annual habits are unbelievably consistent! The "when" doesnt matter near as much as the conditions. Will say....... if there r asain carp in there the crappie bite will change for the BAD and real fast!

Post Thanks / Like

Keep checking on that spot, they'll show up.