Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: went saltwater fishing with trilene xl, bad??? can i predict spawn in my local lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Default went saltwater fishing with trilene xl, bad??? can i predict spawn in my local lake?

after beign invited to fish on a private beach house, a trip that i couldnt resist, i felt that my line had a little abrasion in it, is it bad to use trilene xl in saltwater??

i was kind of worried that the line was messed up an will break on the next big fish i hook. already cut a couple feet and retied. i washed it after i finished fishing. i ask because i want to go again on friday:D
    its was total fun, we didnt catch big fish but pulling a lot of fishes our of the water gave my the confidence to keep going.

its been a very tough season in our lake, while i was there i saw a guy fishing for tilapia in a boat a very weird thing around here(thats not the point sorry) while i was fishing the day after i went saltwater, i noticed a lot of small fishes around the spot, its not usual because i used to know when i see lots of small ones then you dont see any of em and u see regular sized, does that mean our lake right now is at post spawn? when i see them at the small medium size it can be pre or spawn???
    "like cattle in a field the emotionless children just froze. I must have been a site. 4 day beard no shirt covered in mud with dried blood covered leg. man"

"are you OK you look terrible. I slurred a few syllables at her and she looked aghast and shocked as I ran off down the road. To this day, I dont know what I said to her or who the hell it was. I think I spoke in tongues to her with the action afterwards, who the hell knows"

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=8839

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing wrong with using XL in saltwater. I don't know of a major manufacturer of line that restricts their use to either fresh or salt. Primary failure of mono line is UV rays and abrasion, not salt water. Good luck fishing.

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just rinse off your equipment when your done any you are fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Like the others have said, there is nothing wrong with using it in saltwater. Just make sure the fish don't fray up the end to much (if it gets frayed, just cut off the frayed part and retie and you will be fine.) Also like they said, make sure to rinse off your equipment after using it in saltwater.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    Like the others have said, there is nothing wrong with using it in saltwater. Just make sure the fish don't fray up the end to much (if it gets frayed, just cut off the frayed part and retie and you will be fine.) Also like they said, make sure to rinse off your equipment after using it in saltwater.
    Totally agree!
    When time permits, I'll soak my reels in fresh water for 15 minutes or so prior to a good flushing from the water hose, dry em off and re-lube.
    Most of the time, its just a good rinse, and spray with tri-flo.
    Roy