Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: motorguide speed control

Post Thanks / Like

Cool motorguide speed control

Does any one know of a variable speed control add on for a 43# 5 speed motorguide trolling motor or a way to build a controller. The lowest speed setting moves my boat .9 mph by gps.

Post Thanks / Like

Good question. Hope someone has an answer cause I have the same problem. The lowest speed on the dial is just not slow enough at times.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I need to get in the motor speed control business. Give me a couple of days to look at speed control resources. You have a few options here. Do you know how to solder? 12v or 24v or 36v or 48v? How much do you want to sacrifice (money)?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I can solder. The system I have is 12v. Did not want to spend alot of money If I can build the electronics my self. I have not tested to amp draw on it yet to see if a off the shelf restate will work. If someone else has did the R&D work and has a drawing and parts list. Could you please send it to me.
    Last edited by chipmaker; 01-29-2007 at 09:49 PM.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker
    Yes, I know how to solder the system I have is 12v. Did not want to spend alot of money If I can build the electronics my self. I have not tested to amp draw on yet to see if a of the shelf restate will work. If someone else has the the R&D work had has a drawing and parts list.
    Give me a couple of days. I will design you one that can handle about 40 to 50 amps. That should do it. Prob 20 to 30 dollars in parts. I ain't got too much to do at the present.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

This may be a stupid ideal, but why couldn't you take a 120v dimmer switch (dial type) and hook the wires to it?
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Default speed control

I could also use a speed control if someone has an extra or circuit diagram. Funny how we think alike when we get close to fishing season. I just had my motor apart over the weekend and the motor itself works but the control board doesnt. Mine is hand control w/ no reverse. Thanks, Rob

PS I can solder also, my problem when looking at PWM and 555 circuits was I could not find anything for 30 amps, which is what the relays are in my present non working head.
    Last edited by robbor; 01-29-2007 at 10:18 PM.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

The 120 V will not work but a Mack truck headlight dimmer will! We did it on a Minnkota 40 lb. thrust trolling motor - gets a little hot to touch but will definitely slow you down. The neat thing is that you have five different speeds that are variable with this switch. Cannot believe anyone else hasn't thought of this! Still works to this day! Check at NAPA

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Maximizer

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker
    Does any one know of a variable speed control add on for a 43# 5 speed motorguide trolling motor or a way to build a controller. The lowest speed setting moves my boat .9 mph by gps.
    There was some one in the swap met section that was trying to sell a like new maximizer that will work.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default circuit

I found one that looks promising:
    http://sound.westhost.com/appnotes/an009.htm
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast