Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Float 'n Fly Method....

Post Thanks / Like

Question Float 'n Fly Method....

...works great for smallies...was wondering if any of ya'll have had any luck with it while targeting crappie....?

Bushrod

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it works well at times. I grew up on the f'n'f technique, although I just thought it was the only way to crappie fish. I grew up fishing old oxbows off the Mighty river in Eastern AR, and this technique is mainstay down there. I have always used this technique for fishing visible cover.

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing to me just not as much line below the bobber for crappie fishing as smallie fishing.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use it all the time in the spring targeting the spawning male crappie. Just to let you know BnM has a new float n fly rod out with weights added at the butt for longer cast. I use it pond fishing all year and it works great.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

As a matter of fact North American Fishing Club mag has info on this in the new addition.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

I have got two float and fly rods. One of them is a BnM the other is a BPS. Both have weights in or the option of them in the end of the rods. You will want them cause it makes the day alot more enjoyable and they cast easier with them. The BnM is a little more stiff the the BPS. The BPS is also about a foot and half longer too. I have caught smallies on both over 4 lbs. You can not go wrong with either of them just get the weight system too.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!