Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Southerners time 2 move?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Southerners time 2 move?

Okay yall I have been fishing by a bridge on a drop off from the bank this past fall season. Water gets about 15ft deep, with this cold front do you think the fish will move out or just move deeper. I know the only way to nkow is try and i will but lets try to predict some "crappie behavior".
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

If they have not moved down to 15 feet yet then they will just move deeper. They like those bridges as you already know and the concrete on the bridge will warm from the sun causing the water to warm so it should be a fish magnet. If you were catching them in 8 feet of water before then they probably would move down to 12 if there is a big drop in water temperature. If the water temp has not dropped much then the big front will slow the bite for a day or two and you will be able to catch them from the same depth you've been catching them after the barometer stabilizes. My two cents. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer
    If they have not moved down to 15 feet yet then they will just move deeper. They like those bridges as you already know and the concrete on the bridge will warm from the sun causing the water to warm so it should be a fish magnet. If you were catching them in 8 feet of water before then they probably would move down to 12 if there is a big drop in water temperature. If the water temp has not dropped much then the big front will slow the bite for a day or two and you will be able to catch them from the same depth you've been catching them after the barometer stabilizes. My two cents. CF
    Our water temp was up to 58+ about a week and a half ago. It is low 40s now
    I have been fishing deep water, 20' or more most of the time. I have tried 10'- 15' but not a fish yet. I have landed everything (i think) deeper than 15' all winter. most crappie since the cold started last week were at 26' deep water. I have lost faith in bridges. I just don't catch them consistantly around bridges anymore. In the past I did, but not in the past year.
    Last edited by FalconSmitty; 02-02-2007 at 02:21 AM.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I have been catching fish in the same area for two weeks, before cold fronts, after cold fronts, cloudy days, sunny days, freezing cold, or warm. The only thing I have seen is they seem to bite a little faster and harder on bright sunny days. These fish are sitting on the bottom. As far as color goes, I have been using colors they can see in 10' deep slighty muddy water. Black and white, and white with glitter. I have not been using much action on the jig, just letting it drift across the area real slow about a foot off the bottom. I'm not catching limits but I'm catching plenty for dinner and some for the freezer. Here is a few I caught last friday

Attachment 8750

Attachment 8751
    Last edited by england; 04-03-2008 at 07:14 PM.
    Biguns only:D

Post Thanks / Like

i dont know bout the rest of the country, but here in florida 15ft of water is deep enough to hold em on the coldest days of winter, and the hottest days of summer. fishin a bridge i would stay put.