Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clean Water is Important to us all especially if we eat fish out of the lakes, rivers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clean Water is Important to us all especially if we eat fish out of the lakes, rivers

Check out this web site for information on the Clean Water Act and what is going on today.

http://uspirg.org/uspirg.asp?id2=5191&id3=USPIRG&

I hope you will join us in helping to keep our rivers clean and healthy for us all.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Check out this web site for information on the Clean Water Act and what is going on today.

http://uspirg.org/uspirg.asp?id2=5191&id3=USPIRG&

I hope you will join us in helping to keep our rivers clean and healthy for us all.
    Important topic Moose. Sometimes we forget what individuals can do to help.

My wife and I have enjoyed our lakes and rivers a lot during the past 4 months. While canoeing and fishing down the Current River here in Missouri this past fall, we were surprised at the amount of trash that was scattered in some areas on the bank. Some of it appears to be camp trash, while some of it actually looks like people used the bank as a landfill. In one instance empty and not so empty oil cans (32 of them) had been thrown into a small run off creek that fed into this beautiful River.

It's a pain in the butt to pick this stuff up when your purpose to be there is to canoe, fish, relax and enjoy.

But...

We now bring extra kitchen trash bags and gloves with us. When we run into area's like this we try to pick up some of the litter, short of becoming a trash barge. I was actually charged to get rid of the oil cans. Felt a bit stupid for that.

I know that the public has a better understanding of the environment, but there are still those, public companies and citizens, that take things for granted.

Hoot
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moose, as usual, you are right on the money

That's why we have started participating in stream clean ups and took the stream monitoring class in our area last year. We're looking forward to doing more of the same this year.

Anyone can organize a group clean up and it's actually a bit of fun if that's what you went there for in the first place - as opposed to Hoot's fishing trip being turned into a clean up trip.

We always try to pick up discarded fishing line and other debris when we go out. I don't want anyone thinking that WE left the trash. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

By Clean water I am talking about the pollutants that are being dumped into the waters. Today I found a newspaper article about how the Current Bush Controlled USEPA hid vital studies from a final report on Mercury Pollution. By hiding this Harvard University study's results which was funded by USEPA they effectivley allowed the USEPA to ignore the studies findings that mercury is harmful and this allowed USEPA to water down the mercury emission rules that should be protecting us from excessive releases of mercury from coal fired boilers used to produce electric power.

Here it the link to the article so that you can read it yourself.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...r=emailarticle

These people are playing games with our lives and they need to be called to task.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default figured since we were raising some old posts from the dead

this one is worth another read.
    incognito....... here fishy fishy fishy

Post Thanks / Like

don't froget the terri shivo thread.....

Or the guy who came in here saying he lived an alternative life style

Quote Originally Posted by popperonahead View Post
    this one is worth another read.

Post Thanks / Like

the shiavo thread was epic. i musta missed the one from the alternative lifestyle. my favorite one was the one where someone said they was gonna shoot some dog and roberta went haywire on it. good times, may they not be forgotten.
    incognito....... here fishy fishy fishy