Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Good book?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good book?

Looking for best book on fly tying bass and panfish flies. I go to Amazon, search "Fly fishing and fly tying bass and panfish flies", and several books come up by different authors. Anybody have any recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Skip Morris

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Interesting that you're the only one who ever replies to me...you must know your stuff when it comes to fly fishing for bass and sunfish. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by megalotis View Post
    Thanks. Interesting that you're the only one who ever replies to me...you must know your stuff when it comes to fly fishing for bass and sunfish. Thanks!
    Thanks. I have been fly fishing for about thirty years, but I really have no idea why so few people reply to questions here. I'm not the only guy on the board who fly fishes.

If you get tired of listening to me, this is a good resource (on Facebook now):

Warm Fly

... and this is a great source for warmwater fly tying:

Resources - Warmwater Fly Tyer - by Ward Bean

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great bluegill fly:

Bottom Flies - Warmwater Fly Tyer - by Ward Bean

Post Thanks / Like

No, no! I don't get tired of listening. I was just worried that maybe my questions were too "intro" and annoying the majority. I appreciate your help!

Post Thanks / Like

No, no! I don't get tired of listening. I was just worried that maybe my questions were too "intro" and annoying the majority. I appreciate your help!
    There's no question that's too "intro".

This is a very "intro" board, and I think that's a good thing. The sticky threads above are "intro-oriented". That's also why I post a lot of casting videos. Casting is what most people have trouble with.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Just looking for something to give me info on tying 5 - 10 different patterns for bass and sunfish, and what materials to go out and grab. I've tied a few clouser minnows, and tons of poppers and spiders (for bluegill), but kinda looking to try to get a few sunfish, crayfish, hellgrammite, and other minnow species imitators tied. I shock fish in my local streams periodically, so I have a good idea of species to try to imitate, just need good list of materials and how to tie them. .

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Just looking for something to give me info on tying 5 - 10 different patterns for bass and sunfish, and what materials to go out and grab. I've tied a few clouser minnows, and tons of poppers and spiders (for bluegill), but kinda looking to try to get a few sunfish, crayfish, hellgrammite, and other minnow species imitators tied..
    You will probably find more of those in the various trout fly tying books. The trout guys have been tying that stuff for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Find a copy of Bluegill Fly Fishing & Flies by Terry & Roxanne Wilson. It has been my go-to book since it was published in '99.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!