HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie gear....whatcha' like fellers?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie gear....whatcha' like fellers?

Wish there was a section on just gear that everybody prefers/uses. So.....lets get 'er done fellers. List what you like in rods/reels and for what purpose (long lining , spider rigs, jigging, etc.)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of BnM jig poles and I predominately use 1/16 oz sickle hook jigs. My favorites are Bobby Garland baby shad, Crappie Magnets, and Kalins Triple Threat baby shad (getting very hard to find anymore). GTT
    Likes captdave LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I have always thought that a tackle/hardware section was needed.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You know you can use the site search function to find threads and info on most any individual topic about fishing gear and tackle or anything else your looking for.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Thanks zig zag thanked you for this post

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

"G" is right !! Plus, there are so many different brands that members "prefer/use". Some because they've tried many different ones & found the ones they like best, and others because that's all they've ever used. There's just too many variables.

Me personally ... I've got about 40 rods/reels, none of which match any of the others (as far as same brand rod w/same brand reel). And as far as baits I use (or prefer) ... there's probably at least a dozen different brands that I pick & choose from, some of which are commercially made & others that are made by several different members of this site. All of my equipment, as far as rod/reel outfits & baits, have undergone multiple changes over the years ... and may well change again this year

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I'm looking at I don't know how many rod/reel combos in my computer room, but there are many. Not too many of like kind/brand either. That's part of the fun of fishing....trying different things and see what's good and what's not so good for your style of fishing. About the only consistent leaning I see in my arsenal right now is toward Pflueger President (6920's) reels and B n' M rods.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes fish getter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    You know you can use the site search function to find threads and info on most any individual topic about fishing gear and tackle or anything else your looking for.
    I guess my goal being new to crappie fishing was to hear what more experienced guys like and use so I could learn some ideas and research. Then try them out for myself.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got to many to list but my favorite dock shooter is a 5'6 lighting rod with a zebco delta reel, and my favorite ul is 6ft inferno rod with a Shimano spinning reel "Sedona"

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captdave View Post
    I guess my goal being new to crappie fishing was to hear what more experienced guys like and use so I could learn some ideas and research. Then try them out for myself.
    Dont forget to look at discussions in the different state forums and also look at the Archives board http://www.crappie.com/crappie/archi...ant-to-loose-/
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Richard Williams models from B&M in all three sizes of 7, 10, and 12ft for the majority of my style of fishing. I also like my 5.5 sharpshooters from B&M.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast