Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: When you're spider rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default When you're spider rigging

How much time, if any, do you spend sitting still? Or are you constantly on the move?

Post Thanks / Like

If I get a hit or catch one, I'll sit still for a few minutes and look at my depthfinder....if nothing else happens after 2-3 minutes, I'll move on.
    Likes Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Slow. .3 to.5 or slower and maybe stoped
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep moving but if I get a fish on or two. I have buoys handy(I have 2 in the front and 2 in back of the boat) and throw one out so I can make another run or two through the same place. Most of the time if I stop I seem to scare the fish off. Sometimes I will leave and fish other places and then come back later also before picking the buoy backup just in case they are back their and biting.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's best to let the fish dictate what you do. Sometimes they like it on the move, other times at a standstill. It also depends if you are fishing over cover or ledges.
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease
    Likes Eagle 1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feeshrman View Post
    It's best to let the fish dictate what you do. Sometimes they like it on the move, other times at a standstill. It also depends if you are fishing over cover or ledges.

Most of my spider rigging is in open water and over points.

Post Thanks / Like

I do like what was mentioned above. If i just picking up one here and one there....I keep on moving, but I mark a waypoint with every catch (big or small). If I catch several at one time....I make 1 waypoint for the whole cluster but I will throw out a marker buoy, and then I will circle that sucker til the action dies down. You will notice if u approach the buoy the same speed and direction as you found em initially that you will continue to catch multiples often and a limit should soon follow. If the action dies down......I will ease on and do my process again. If im slow trolling I will leave the buoy and hit it again towards the end of my trip. If im trolling fast and covering ground I will pick my buoy up and carry on. If yaw see any of my buoys on the lake......STAY AWAY!!!! Hahahahaha just kidding!
    Likes Tom 513 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Lowepro, we normally run 4 poles double jigs or minnows, if we hit a school and catch 2 or 3, we keep going tend to the fish and rebait, then circle back over the same spot, I think while we tend to Our catches they simmer down enough to not spook when we return. I can remember going over one spot last year 6 or 7 times, actually had people pointing and laughing while we limited out and thats ok with me.
    Likes Cray, dfar LIKED above post