Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Coloring crankbaits

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coloring crankbaits

Is there any good way to do this? I want to paint some small cranks blaze orange. That color is hard to find on any crank. Is there a marker or some kind of paint out there that is designed to do this? Would like to paint a few other patterns as well to what i have success on with tube jigs. Thanks CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Sharpies on some of mine, may have to redo after a while but has worked for me. Just finding the color you want may be a problem.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I went to a seminar at Grizzly Jig by Larry McMullin, he said that he uses spray paint, no type in particular just what walmart carries. He said that he has painted them in the boat and caught fish on them and got paint on his hand when removing the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking paint

yeah, you can go to wally world, get any color that suits you, and use that. Works good, I spray mine at home and let them dry before using them but mostly that is to avoid them sticking together or getting paint on my boat. Generally get more paint on me than on the lure. By the way black, the blackest black you can find, is a great color for crankbait trolling in hot weather in fairly clear water. Crankbait trolling is very effective, don`t get hung up on one color, depth, speed etc. Keep changing, good luck. Hope this helps you. possum1
    possum1
    Jack Mullins
    Psalms 46:1

Post Thanks / Like

Nail Polish Works For Me,

John B.