Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: small bait casting reels for trolling rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default small bait casting reels for trolling rods

where can you find them? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

btt

Post Thanks / Like

There are several versions of these made by wally marshall, silstar, and shakespeare to name a few. They are all based on the same specs and look identical. Here is the cheapest one that I've found... http://catalog.catfishconnection.com...number=SHWR20B

Post Thanks / Like

thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, here is a link to one of the Silstar versions. You can get a good deal on ebay if you keep track on it. Someone always seems to bump the price up to about 9 bucks by the end of the auction though. Worth a look.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Silstar-CR5-Crap...QQcmdZViewItem

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

most all things git bumped up om E-Bay
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

google for fishingsuppliezguyz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ceb
    There are several versions of these made by wally marshall, silstar, and shakespeare to name a few. They are all based on the same specs and look identical. Here is the cheapest one that I've found... http://catalog.catfishconnection.com...number=SHWR20B
    anyboby use these reels that could give us some info about them? Could you use them longline trolling,can they be use to cast with?

Post Thanks / Like

I have several of these and they work..sort of. They do hold the line but you have to watch the line as you wind it in because there is no line guide. The line will eventually get over inbetween the spool and body of the reel. The line then wraps itself around the spool shaft quite nicely. The reel then has to be disassembled to untangle. This is very handy with a fish on and 7 other rods in holders needing to be watched. But what do you get for $9 anymore that has good craftsmanship?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tnjeff
    anyboby use these reels that could give us some info about them? Could you use them longline trolling,can they be use to cast with?
    I have a little experience with these small baitcaster reels. I have one of the Shakespeare wonderreel 20 (it was the model before the new one). I haven't had a problem with it at all, yet. I hope to slowly convert all of my slo-trollin' poles over to these style reels.

I don't see why they wouldn't work for long-lining. But, I seriously doubt that you would be able to cast with them (there is no "trip" as in a spinning reel or a regular baitcaster) because of the continuous drag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast