Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New box.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New box.

My old Plano tackle box finally gave up the ghost Sunday. Anybody have a suggestion on a new one. Likes. Dislikes? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a cheap soft side lunch box and put my plastics in. Got a Plano small jig box for my jig heads. Works great and doesn't take up much space.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Space is Def a factor. I have a smaller boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I use tackle bags that hold Plano boxes..this way I can keep some organization..LOL.. such as a box for 1/32oz jigs, by color..box for 1/16 and so on, and on..maybe tube bodies in part, shad bodies in another part..scented plastics go in the boxes with gaskets..my bags are from Cabelas and hold seven boxes each..I find this method much better than draggin' around a box with every dang thing I own..I buy boxes by the case and fill 'em upno such thing as too much!!! I have MANY crank bait boxes..give this some thought, and I believe you will like it..easy to take the items you want, and not the stuff you don't, if that's possible..5
    Likes saute86 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with "5" on this one. I too have a soft sided Cabelas bag. Holds about 9 or 10 plano boxes. I buy the boxes in lots of 10 or 12. I fill them up, label one end of them. When I head out to target whatever, I just switch out my boxes.

For smaller jig heads, I purchase the small Stanley boxes from department stores (Harbor freight also sells them). They have removable trays. I own four of five of them so I can swap out the trays between smaller and larger ones. I have one box about 1/4 the thickness of a briefcase (same size) that holds every color of jig imaginable from 1/32, 1/16, and 1/8oz (in their own removable tray).
    Name:  128174_front500.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  52.2 KB
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used a milk crate and mounted a piano hinge and plywood top so that it can be sit upon. Get home, pick it up and it's inside out of the weather and safe. The white/clear Plano boxes in many sizes and styles work well for me because as the seasons change I only take what I need. I even have a couple that fit in a pocket for when I need to travel light.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes fish getter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm partial to bags. You can always shove one more thing into it, and you can shove the bag into places it shouldn't fit.
    Likes saute86 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I do like the lunchbox idea.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Plano bag too. I bought a bunch of extra of clear compartment boxes. I just exchange out the boxes for what I am fishing with at that time. All my must have stay in the bag at all times. I keep a basic tool kit in it, fuses, first aid items, bug spray, sunscreen trolling motor sheer pin kit, small flashlight, boat registration etc....etc. I never have to worry about forgetting these essentials when I go fishing. I will never go back to a box again. A bag is just too versatile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast