Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bantam Bass Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bantam Bass Boat

Many years ago, I had a bantam bass boat, about a 10 footer. Very stable, you could stand up on one corner and it would only sink about 4-6 inches. Thought I might look into getting another for fishing small lakes and wondered if someone could recommend one that can be thrown in the back of a truck for quick fishing trips?

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Hunter EX

Made out of polyethylene, not rotomold or plastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tcounty View Post
    Bass Hunter EX
    Made out of polyethylene, not rotomold or plastic.
    I though rotomold was better being one piece construction. I been looking hard at the Twin Troller X10.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Question for both, how much?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bantam Bass Boat

Quote Originally Posted by Tn Johnboy View Post
    I though rotomold was better being one piece construction. I been looking hard at the Twin Troller X10.
    Bass Hunter is one piece, it's two pieces of polyethylene (same thing natural gas line is made of) that are fused together. The fuse is stronger than the material.
    Really comfortable too. I paid around $650 for mine. Iboats.com was the cheapest I think. Had mine for 6 years. I use it more than my big boat.

EX

Rotomold material is a cheaper plastic that's melted and poured into a mold. It's also not very thick. Sun will make it brittle. Rotomold is the process. Pelican boats are rotomold I think. I know they are a whole lot thinner than mine.
    Likes Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the ex doesn't float as good as the baby bass same materials and has built in rear wheels for moving from truck to the water!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to look at craigslist and around for people selling a used one. I purchased an older KL Industries Sportsman model that I got from an older gentleman for $100.00. I've been using it for the last 6 years for marsh and canal sacalait/bluegill/shellcracker/bass fishing. It's very sturdy enough to stand and cast to bank for marsh bass and light and small enough for me to slide in and out of the back of my F150 by myself. There are some 600 = 800 options out there at Academy, Dicks, etc...

Uncle Buck's Pond Prowler Boat - 10' | Bass Pro Shops: The Best Hunting, Fishing, Camping & Outdoor Gear