Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: GPS/Sonar units

Post Thanks / Like

Default GPS/Sonar units

I am thinking of adding a GPS/Sonar unit to my boat and had some questions. I am looking at the Eagle FishElite 480. I have 2 Eagle 320's and they are great but would like something to help locate new things. What software do you have to add to these? What Maps can you get for them? I live and fish in Alabama mostly Lake Guntersville but would like something that had other local lakes. I am just a weekend warrior fisher so not looking to break the bank. Thanks for your help,

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my Humminbird 787c2 and I love the features and ease of use. Give it a look see. There are several members that have added this unit to their arsenal and really report they like it, l and I have heard no complaints.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 of the Eagle Fish Elite 480 and do like them. I had the 480 without the GPS before up grading to these. I live in Alabama also and you can go to the Lowrance web site and download the free enhance maps and load them to your Eagle. You will have to get you a memory card to use. The Eagle web site tells you all the maps that are compatible with the Eagle.

Post Thanks / Like

How detailed are the maps? What lakes do they have? Thanks

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure to look at the Lowrance LMS-332c or LMS-334c. Go to Bass Pro Shop and ask for demonstrations. Or go to Lawrance.com and download the fully operational demo for your computer.