Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sharpener

Post Thanks / Like

Default sharpener

im in the market for a new fillet knife sharpener. what is the best any suggestions.
    OCCUPATIONAL HAZARD!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey SLA-ASSASIN,
    Please let me know when you find that filet knife sharperner because I wopuld love to get one. I didn't know that they made them.

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Always wanted to be able to sharpen a knife SHARP, a guy showed me the Eze Lap Diamond Stone(wally world) and how easy it was to use and now after about 15 years i'm still using it. Try it you'll like it.--shu
    <*(((((><

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Crock Stixs for years.They come in different sizes so i even have a set in my tackle box.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I have a fillet knife that I bought about 20 years ago. It is a Wiltshire Stay Sharp. It has a plastic sheath with a built in sharpener. If the knife starts to get dull you put it back in the sheath and then pull it out. Do this about three times and the knife is sharp again. The sharpener can be removed to clean the inside of the sheath. I love this knife and have looked for another but have not found one. I don't even know exactly where I bought this one.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magnum500
    I have a fillet knife that I bought about 20 years ago. It is a Wiltshire Stay Sharp. It has a plastic sheath with a built in sharpener. If the knife starts to get dull you put it back in the sheath and then pull it out. Do this about three times and the knife is sharp again. The sharpener can be removed to clean the inside of the sheath. I love this knife and have looked for another but have not found one. I don't even know exactly where I bought this one.
    Don't know if this helps,

http://au.shopping.com/xDN-kitchen--...peeling_knives
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

This past summer I got a new Chef's Choice Diamond Hone Sharpener. They make many models, I opted for the Professional 110 Heavy Duty Model. Mostly for the price, as they get a bit spendy when you get to the restaurant kitchen models.
    These things take a bit of practice to learn how to use, but who doesn't have a crappy kitchen knife to practice on? Once you learn to put a razor edge on a crappy knife, you're ready to put a killer scalpel edge on your crappie fillet knife. The key is to follow the instructions EXACTLY. Otherwise you're not going to like it.
    I love mine and highly reccomend it to all knife sharpeners everywhere.
    Oh, they are electric sharpeners. For a manual sharpener, I really like the ceramic rods.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

I got a electric sharppener from CABELAS i love it. Alittle price but works on all it even has a god stroping disc to fine hone that edge. the magnetic sides help holed the blade stedy. then i have a small stone in my tackel box for incase i have to many fish and it gets dull.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Lansky diamond set, it's error proof. It has four different settings for all types of blade applications, has worked great for about 5 years so far.
    A positive additude may not fix all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.

Post Thanks / Like

couple of weeks ago i needed a knife to cut turkey bones. a neighborg lend me one and told me it needed to be sharpened. i thought of the machete sharpening method(i use it to sharpen hooks) and after ditching it for being a hasstle on big stuff i turned on the angle grinder with a grinding stone and after less than a minute i had a samurai sword in that knife, i think that i could have cut the concrete with it.

just my ghetto way of sharpening
    "like cattle in a field the emotionless children just froze. I must have been a site. 4 day beard no shirt covered in mud with dried blood covered leg. man"

"are you OK you look terrible. I slurred a few syllables at her and she looked aghast and shocked as I ran off down the road. To this day, I dont know what I said to her or who the hell it was. I think I spoke in tongues to her with the action afterwards, who the hell knows"

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=8839

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast